ANTHONY JOSHUA is set for an August 12 return with Dillian Whyte in line for a rematch.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has been in negotiations for a December super-fight in Saudi Arabia against Deontay Wilder.
Anthony Joshua with trainer Derrick James
But no official offer has yet been made from the mega-rich backers in the Middle East.
And with Joshua, 33, having just one fight under his new coach Derrick James, Hearn & Co are eager to keep the newly formed pair busy.
Whyte, 34, has long been mentioned as an option for Joshua’s return, despite the Saudis preferring him to wait out for Wilder, 37.
And Hearn may have let slip that they will press on with a summer fight when running down Matchroom’s list of upcoming shows.
He told Boxing Social: “We’ve got May 27th, we’ve got June 10, we’ve got July 1st. We’re probably going to go July 29 as well.
“AJ’s probably fighting August 12th. It’s the summer period and we’re smashing out shows left, right and centre.”
Joshua beat Jermaine Franklin, 29, in his comeback bout in April, following consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 36.
And Whyte then emerged as the frontrunner for AJ’s next fight, until shock talks to make the blockbuster bout with Wilder in the desert.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
Whyte – knocked out by Joshua in 2015 – questioned his old rival’s confidence and said waiting in the wings for Wilder would be a cash out.
He told SunSport: “Fans must be getting p***ed off because people are promising and pushing for these fights and then bottling it when they are close to happening.
“Lots of big fights don’t happen, it’s annoying but people see it coming and have to accept it.
“Inactivity is killing the sport and it needs a shake-up. I am waiting for my next fight and was meant to fight Joshua after Jermaine Franklin.
“Joshua and his team told everybody, ‘The winner of Whyte and Franklin fights AJ’ – and then they boxed the loser.
“But anyone who sees Joshua sitting around for nine months waiting for a Wilder cash-out will see a team that has lost its bottle.”
Anthony Joshua beat Dillian Whyte in 2015
Dillian Whyte wants a rematch with Anthony Joshua
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you train yourself to box?
Yes, you can train yourself to box. You just need to find a boxing gym near you and join a class. Many gyms offer classes for free, but you can also search Google for local boxing clubs.
You’ll also need some equipment like gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, and sparring partners. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
What are some of the benefits of boxing
There are many health benefits associated with boxing. Boxing has many health benefits. It helps strengthen your bones and muscles. It enhances your coordination as well as reflexes. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. Boxing does not require special equipment. You can use almost anything around your home.
What are the advantages of learning to box
The following are reasons why you should learn how to box.
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It improves your health. Boxing is good for building muscle mass. Muscle mass makes you more powerful.
- It teaches you self-defense skills. Learning how to fight is the first step to protecting yourself.
- It develops your mental toughness. It is crucial to have mental toughness when faced with challenges.
- This gives you an incredible sense of achievement. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! Nothing is better than being punched in the stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t require much space
What is the difference in a left and right hook?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
A left hand hook is one that is thrown with the opponent’s right side facing. The elbow is bent 90 degrees and the wrist is turned 45 degrees toward the opponent.
The opponent is facing the palm and the elbow straight. A right cross is made. The opponent’s wrist should be turned 45 degrees.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoes : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need a place where you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- A mat is necessary. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear is essential. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online or in-store. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You need a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.