ANTHONY JOSHUA is no longer being treated “like God” after training in an “extremely humble” gym in Texas ahead of his return.
AJ faces Jermaine Franklin in his comeback bout at the O2 Arena on April 1 following consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk.
Anthony Joshua in training for Jermaine Franklin fight
Anthony Joshua completed his training camp in Texas
Joshua, 33, parted ways with his coaches after defeat to Usyk in their August rematch and linked up with trainer Derrick James.
And for the first time in his career, the two-time heavyweight champion completed his training camp away from home.
Joshua set up shop in Dallas under the guidance of James, who also coaches pound-for-pound stars Errol Spence Jr, 33, and Jermell Charlo, 32.
Promoter Eddie Hearn claimed AJ has reaped the rewards of getting out of his comfort zone.
Hearn told K.O. Artist Sports: “I see a guy that has worked really hard.
“He was very tired yesterday after a long camp out there. It’s hard for me to explain to you the difference in the camps that I saw.
“On the one side, he was at the Institute of Sport in England with lots of people and 10 rings and the Olympic setup and scientists.
“I went to Derrick James’ gym which is extremely humble and all you need, that’s the thing. I think that’s what made AJ realise.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
“Errol Spence was in here yesterday and sparred, I think, 11 rounds. He doesn’t even have a fight. It’s just hard work.
“I feel like the problem with back home in England in that set-up was he was almost like God.
“He didn’t want it to be that way, but he would walk in, and he’d be in a situation where everyone would say, ‘What do you want to do, AJ?’
“Now, he’s just being told. He’s worked really hard, and he’s ready to fight on April 1st.”
Eddie Hearn with Anthony Joshua on a visit to Texas
Derrick James pictured with Anthony Joshua
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many different places online where you can buy boxing equipment. You can find equipment online at Amazon, eBay, Walmart and Target. Ross and TJ Maxx, which sell cheap boxing gear are good options.
Quality boxing gear is what you should be looking for. You can consider Warrior, Golden Glove or Premier Boxing Champions.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers typically train for at least four hours per day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers sometimes spar 10 times per semaine.
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. Mitten gloves are padded around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts have no padding around the knuckles but still cover the fingers. Full-finger gloves have padding all over the hand.
For punching with the fist, mittens can be used. Fingerless mitt gloves, also known as fingerless mitts, are used to punch or strike with the index finger’s knuckle. For punching with one fist, full-fingerered boxing gloves can be used.
How can you learn to box punch?
You can practice boxing using a punching bags. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Then you move onto another part of your body. Once you feel confident with the area, move on to next.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some tips for setting up a boxing school in your home.
- A place to train is essential. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- A mat is necessary. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. Be sure to select the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can purchase it online or in stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- Towels are essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.