ANTHONY JOSHUA revealed he wants to rematch Dillian Whyte over fighting Tyson Fury – because his London rival “has more swag”.
AJ’s history with Whyte dates back to their amateur days when he lost a barnburner over three rounds in 2009.
Anthony Joshua revealed he wants to rematch Dillian Whyte over fighting Tyson Fury
Tyson Fury is in talks to fight Oleksandr Usyk next
When it came time to rematch in the professional ranks six years later, Joshua got his revenge with a seventh-round stoppage.
The pair are linked with a trilogy bout to finish off their series next year, while Fury, 34, unifies the division against Oleksandr Usyk, 35.
And Watford’s Joshua, 33, admitted bragging rights over Brixton’s Whyte, 34, means more than any world title bout against Fury.
He told GQ: “South London, North London, Fury is good but he’s a Manchester boy.
“I think Dillian has more swag in general, but he’s come up short a few times.”
Joshua took time away from boxing following consecutive losses points losses to Usyk, now in talks for an undisputed fight with Fury.
Meanwhile Whyte edged past American Jermaine Franklin, 29, in his return fight in November via disputed majority decision.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has teased a summer rematch with AJ in a stadium.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
But for now, Joshua is putting together a new training team before a separate comeback fight of his own in the spring is announced.
Hearn told iFL TV: “Until the training team is confirmed for AJ, we won’t make any opponent selections because we want the input from the trainer.
“So again, we’ve got three or four guys that we’re talking to and ready to try and make a move for.
“We have to make sure the training team is comfortable with that. That’ll be the plan over the next couple of weeks.”
Anthony Joshua training out in Texas
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I box without fighting?
Boxing is not possible without fighting. You must put in the work to get better at boxing. It is possible to improve your boxing technique.
You can improve your boxing technique by watching good boxers compete. Pay attention to how they move and throw punches. Also, observe how they defend themselves. Then try to imitate their techniques.
Next, you’ll have to spar against another opponent boxer. This is where your ability to improve your boxing technique will be revealed. You will also be able to see how fast you punch, how strong your punches are, and how well it blocks incoming punches when sparring.
You’ll also need to practice your boxing skills through drills. It takes practice to become a master boxer, so persevere and be patient.
Where can I buy boxing gear?
There are many different places online where you can buy boxing equipment. Some of these include Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, and Sports Authority. Ross and TJ Maxx offer great deals on boxing gear at a fraction of the cost.
You might consider purchasing quality gear from respected brands such as Warrior, Golden Glove and Premier Boxing Champions if you are looking for high-quality boxing gear.
How much weight should I lift to be a successful shopper?
Weight lifting is essential if you want to improve your strength. When lifting weights, there are some guidelines that you should follow. You should not overdo it. Try to lift heavier weights every day. Third, do each exercise 8 times. Fourth, rest for 2 minutes between sets. Fifth, you can do all the exercises without using momentum. Finally, be focused on form, not speed.
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three main types for boxing gloves: mitts or fingerless mitts. Mitten gloves have padding around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts do not have padding around the knuckles, but they still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire hand.
For punching with the fist, mittens can be used. Fingerless mitt gloves, also known as fingerless mitts, are used to punch or strike with the index finger’s knuckle. Boxing gloves with full-fingering are designed for punching with your entire fist.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Boxing is all about good punch form. A good punch technique is essential if you are to become a better fighter. Here are some tips to improve your punching form.
- Keep your head up. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Focus on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Throw short, quick punches. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Remember to stop incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. To defend yourself, your elbows are a good option.
- Learn how to use your legs. You can avoid being knocked to the ground if you learn how to properly use your legs.
- Always practice. Even if you feel exhausted after training, don’t give up. It takes practice and dedication to excel at any skill.
- Have fun! Enjoy what you are doing.
- Keep your eyes open and take deep, slow breaths. Breathing correctly will make you stronger and give you energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Be focused on learning new techniques.
- Be patient. Boxing isn’t easy. It takes time for you to get better at boxing.
- Never stop learning. There is always room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Listening to music can help you relax during training.
- Watch videos of professional boxers. You may be inspired to work harder by watching them compete.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- Pause. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Go outside and play basketball or soccer.
- Find a coach. Having a coach who knows boxing well can help you improve faster.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great to build strength and endurance.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
If you want to learn how to box, then you should consider the following reasons:
- It increases confidence. You will be able to confront bullies and other bullies by learning to box.
- It improves your health. Boxing can help build muscle mass. Muscle mass makes you stronger.
- It teaches self defense skills. Learn how to fight to learn how you can protect yourself.
- It builds mental toughness. When you face challenges, mental toughness is essential.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. Once you have learned a technique you’ll feel like you are a real boxer.
- It’s fun! There’s nothing better than getting punched in the stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t need much space
What is the difference between a left hook and a right cross?
A left hook is thrown from the side of the body while a right cross is thrown from the front of the body.
A left hook is thrown with the back of the hand facing the opponent’s face. The elbow is bent 90 degrees, while the wrist is turned 45 degrees towards the opponent.
The opponent is facing the palm and the elbow straight. A right cross is made. The opponent is facing the wrist.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
These are the basic skills of boxing
How to box effectively
Boxing is a popular sport. Two opponents fight each other to the death. There are different rules for boxing, and they vary from one country to the next. There are three main types of boxing: Amateur boxing, Professional boxing, and Olympic boxing.
Amateur boxing is usually practiced at school, college or university. This type of boxing allows sparring without protection. Amateur boxing competitions typically last for three rounds, each lasting five minutes. Amateur boxing can be done in many styles, including Kickboxing and Muay Thai, Taekwondo or Karate, Judo, Wrestling, and Muay Thai.
Professional boxing is usually practiced in gyms, clubs or stadiums. They wear protective equipment such as mouthpiece, nose guard, shin guards, elbow pads, knee pads, waist belt and groin protector. Six rounds of professional boxing last four minutes each. There are many types of professional boxing. These include Boxing (MMA), Kickboxing (Mixed Martial Arts), Muay Thai and Taekwondo.
Olympic boxing is practiced at the Olympics. Special protective gear must be worn by boxers to ensure compliance with international standards. The competition lasts eight rounds of three minutes each. Olympic boxing can be divided into two types: Light Flyweight (Heavyweight) and Heavyweight (Light Flyweight).
Boxing’s fundamental skills are:
- Punching techniques
- Guarding techniques
- Moving your body
There are seven types. Each punch has its own technique. Some punches need more power than others. For example, an uppercut requires great force. A straight punch on the other side requires less power, but is more effective than other punches.
There are many combinations of punches. These are combinations which combine several punches in order to achieve a specific goal. A combination may have multiple parts. A combination may include multiple parts. For example, damage to the jaw of an opponent can be caused by a left hook and a right cross.
Boxers use their bodies to defend themselves against attack. He does this using his legs and arms, elbows as well as hands, knees and feet.
Boxers must use their legs to defend themselves against kicks. He raises his leg when he is hit with a kick and then moves away from the opponent. To avoid being kicked on his side, he will bend his knees if the attack is from the front. If the attack comes from behind, however, he can stand straight up and block the kick by his foot.
Elbow strikes are very effective because they inflict much pain. An elbow strike can be delivered either directly or indirectly. Directly refers to hitting your opponent with the forearm, while indirect means you hit him using another part of your arms.
Boxers use both their hands and arms to prevent incoming blows. To do this, they raise their fists higher than their heads and move their arms in the direction that the attack is coming. The attacker’s fist is then in their face.
A boxer should bend his knees in order to absorb any blows to his stomach, abdomen, chest or stomach. Defense purposes are often served by knee strikes.
When attacked, a boxer should step back and deliver counter-attacks. This will help him gain distance from his opponent. Also, boxers must maintain their balance while delivering counter-attacks.
In order to box effectively, a boxer needs to establish a stance. His stance will determine how he defends. It determines where he will face his opponent and how he will position his body. Boxers have many stances to choose from. These are some of our most favorite:
- Low stance
- High stance
- Southpaw stance
- Western stance
The Body Movement
A boxer must be able to move around his opponent in order to win a fight. This means changing your speed, position and rhythm.
Boxers rotate their arms when they throw a punch. Depending on what punch is being thrown, the speed of rotation varies.
The timing of each individual punch affects the effectiveness or failure of a combination. A good combination starts with a strong punch and ends with a weak one.
Sparring is a practice session designed to improve boxing skills . A sparring session is where a boxer trains both his mind and his body. The purpose of sparring is, in short, to learn how fight and not get hurt.
It is important to be patient and dedicated when learning how to box. To become a better boxer, you must train hard and for a long time.