ANTHONY JOSHUA has revealed he’d extensively study Tyson Fury’s weaknesses if their dream domestic dust-up ever came to fruition.
British boxing fans have been dreaming of the duo trading leather for the best part of a decade but the fight, so far, hasn’t come to fruition.
British boxing fans are still eager to see Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua throw down
Former two-time heavyweight champ AJ is still hoping to get his hands on
Joshua would extensively study Fury’s weakness if the domestic dust-up came to fruition
But that hasn’t stopped AJ from strategising how he’d get the better of The Gypsy King.
During a fan Q&A with GQ, the former two-time unified heavyweight champ said: “How do I prepare for Tyson Fury?
“What do I do? I go back in history, I watch other heavyweights that I fought.
“Taller opponents, opponents that are elusive.
“Also watched a coach who’s training Tyson Fury, how he prepares his fighters.
“And then I’ll also watch Tyson Fury from a mental standpoint and understand where he’s weak mentally.
“And then I’ll combine it all together and go in there and go in there and do my best and give it my best and I’m sure that should be enough.”
A long-awaited Battle of Britain almost came to fruition earlier this year when Fury offered AJ a shock world title lifeline.
Joshua, 33, publicly accepted the offer, although negotiations over the showdown failed to bear fruit.
The failed talks paved the way for Fury to have a Tottenham trilogy fight with Derek Chisora, who he stopped in ten rounds.
Joshua, however, is hopeful he will one day share the ring with the WBC heavyweight king.
He told iDBoxing: “Well, on my behalf, I would like the opportunity.
“Because the longer we leave it, it’s not good for anyone.
“So, yeah, I would like the opportunity. Good luck with his next fight if he comes through.
“Then I think he’s going to go on to undisputed, and then I’ll be fighting somebody else.
“Then hopefully, we both come victorious, and then we look to fight each other.”
Anthony Joshua is still hopeful of one day sharing the ring with Tyson Fury
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take you to learn boxing
It takes about 3 months to learn boxing. This includes learning the basics, such as footwork, stance, and balance. It’s important that you remember that boxing doesn’t only involve throwing punches. You must also learn to block and dodge attacks.
How long does it take you to learn how to box?
Boxing is the oldest known martial art. China recorded the first boxing match in 2200 BC. Boxing has been practiced over thousands of year. Boxing is still very popular with celebrities and athletes. It takes approximately 10 months to master boxing.
It is difficult to learn boxing because there are so many movements. Each movement requires specific muscles in order to be effective. It takes time and effort to build these muscles.
Once you have mastered the art of moving your body, you are ready to start learning any type or boxing technique. Each technique will become easier over time.
How can beginners boxers train?
Although boxing is one the oldest sports, it has only recently been rediscovered as a popular sport. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch one another until one falls.
Finding out if boxing is something you enjoy is the first step to becoming a professional boxer. You can view some fights on YouTube to experience what it’s like to punch someone. After you have decided whether or not you want to be a boxer you will need to decide which type of fighting you prefer.
What can I do to improve my fighting defense?
Learn how to fight smart and you can improve your fighting defense. You need to be able to defend yourself from all angles and counterattack if necessary.
If you don’t know the art of fighting, you won’t have the ability to win any fights. You’ll just get beaten up. You’ll just get beat up if you know how fight.
Here are some suggestions to help improve your defense.
- You must understand where your opponent’s attacks are coming from. This means that you have to pay attention to your opponent’s body language. For example, if he looks nervous, this could mean that his next attack is coming soon.
- Keep your cool. Don’t panic. Instead, stay focused and relaxed.
- Block with your arms. You can defend yourself against attacks by blocking with your arms.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty can be a way to defend yourself. For example, if your opponent throws a kick at you, then you can respond by kicking him back.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is a must. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- You need a headgear. It protects your head when sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- Towels are essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. They should be soft and absorbent.