ANTHONY JOSHUA is set to meet with Eddie Hearn in Abu Dhabi this week to determine how and when he will return to boxing.
The former heavyweight champion is taking time out to recover mentally after consecutive defeats to Oleksandr Usyk.
Anthony Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn
He will enjoy some down time in the Middle East with promoter Hearn, who is staging Dmitry Bivol’s fight with Gilberto Ramirez.
But talk will soon turn to business for the pair as Joshua, 33, must decide when and who he returns against.
Hearn told DAZN: “I think it all depends on when AJ fights.
“If he waits until April or May, he may go straight into the Dillian Whyte fight. If he fights in February, he may have a warm-up fight first.
“He’s coming to Abu Dhabi this week; we are sitting down with him to plan the next step and we’re on the verge of mapping that out.”
Before AJ’s rematch los to Usyk, 35, in August, Hearn sent Deontay Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel an invitation to hold talks.
Only now has Finkel responded, leaving the door open to AJ returning against Wilder, 37, or Dillian Whyte, 34, next year.
Hearn said: “I actually sent Shelly Finkel an email back in August to talk about a deal and he actually replied to me yesterday.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“I invited them out here to Abu Dhabi this week, they can’t come.
“But I see the Deontay Wilder fight probably being the second fight for Anthony Joshua in all honesty, but he’s up for fighting anyone.
“If he waits, he may go straight into that fight, it all depends on when he returns, if he returns early in the year, he’ll fight someone else first and if not he’ll go straight into the Whyte or Wilder fight.”
Anthony Joshua taking time out to recover mentally after defeats to Oleksandr Usyk
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 7 punches to boxing?
These seven punches are: jab cross, hook hook, uppercut straight right, left hook and body shot. These punches attack the opponent’s head or body.
How to defend yourself
Always protect your head when being attacked. Avoid getting punched. To avoid being punched, you must learn how to stop an incoming punch. Here’s the way to do it.
- Be tall and square your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows close together.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until your attacker runs off.
- Do not let up on your defense.
How long does it take to become a professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires dedication and years of hardwork. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
How much weight can I lift during a workout?
You must lift weights if your goal is to increase strength. Lifting weights should be done with care. Do not push yourself too hard. You should lift heavier weights at least once a week. Third, repeat each exercise eight times. Fourth, rest for 2 minutes between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. The last tip is to focus on form over speed.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the right pair for you.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.