fbpx
Boxing

BKFC not interested in taking ‘a risk’ signing 51-year-old UFC legend Chuck Liddell, despite MMA star’s ‘name power’

BARE KNUCKLE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP have ruled out a move for MMA legend Chuck Liddell.

The former UFC light-heavyweight champion revealed his willingness to compete in the BKFC ring last month, telling the promotion: “Come and talk to me.”

Chuck Liddell recently revealed he’s open to competing in BKFC
But the promotion aren’t willing to take a risk on the 51-year-old

The acquisition of Liddell, 51, would certainly further boost the profile of the fast-growing sport.

But signing The Iceman is a risk BKFC president Dave Feldman isn’t willing to take.

Feldman recently told SunSport: “People want us to sign some of these guys that have been around for a long time.

“Like Chuck Liddell’s name came up. Chuck’s great.

“He’s phenomenal, he’s a legend, he’s been in there with everybody in the world and he could probably bring a lot of name power to our organisation.

“But we feel that Chuck is probably not cut out for bare-knuckle at this stage of his life.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

“I mean he’s 51 years old and it’s something we don’t want to take a risk on.”

While Feldman may not be willing to take a risk on Liddell, the former fighter is looking at adding more big names to BKFC’s roster.

BKFC have made several big acquisitions over the last few 18-months, capturing the services of Paige VanZant, Rachael Ostovich and most recently former UFC featherweight title challenger Chad Mendes.

And Feldman believes several household names will soon ink contracts with the fast-growing promotion.

He said: “We’re not going to take a risk on everything, but some of the names out there we’re definitely going to sign.

“There’s going to be a lot of free agents coming soon from all different combat sports because of just the way things are going.

“They’re ending their contracts and they’re looking for a new home.”

BKFC will return to action on Friday for their 20th card, which will take place at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.

The event will be headlined by a showdown between Johnny Bedford and Reggie Barnett Jr.

Former UFC middleweight Alan Belcher will also be in action in the co-main event of the evening, taking on Tony Lopez.


FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS


Did you miss our previous article…
https://www.sportingexcitement.com/boxing/manny-pacquiao-wants-floyd-mayweather-rematch-and-open-to-josh-taylor-clash-but-has-bad-news-for-jake-and-logan-paul

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top