BOXING legend Carl Froch has bizarrely claimed the Earth is flat – and accused space agency Nasa of being “fake”.
The former super-middleweight champion, 45, is adamant the entire planet has been sold a lie.
Boxing legend Carl Froch is certain the Earth is flat
And he is certain the planet we all call home is flat – joining the likes of cricket great Freddie Flintoff in believing the conspiracy.
Froch told the Pound for Pound with Jake Wood and Spencer Oliver podcast: “The Earth is flat, 100 per cent.
“There’s no proof of the Earth’s curvature and this fake space agency Nasa use CGI images and every one is different.
“I’m looking at them thinking, ‘Hang on a minute, they’re like cartoons’.
“When someone like Richard Branson goes up there and starts doing chartered flights… and you can look back on Earth and see the Earth’s curvature, I’ll believe the Earth is a globe.”
Froch, who retired in 2015 after winning 33 of his 35 fights, also reckons the moon landing in July 1969 by Neil Armstrong was faked.
Some of his fans weren’t quite so sure, though.
In response to Froch’s claims, one said: “This is what happens when people hit you in the head for a living.”
The Cobra – who retired in 2015 – is certain our planet has no curve
Another posted: “Please educate @Carl_Froch he’s took too many blows to the dome.”
The Cobra joins a list of well-known sporting stars who also believe the Earth is flat.
Ashes legend and England cricket hero Flintoff insists there is “evidence to suggest the world isn’t round”.
He told SE: “If you’re in a helicopter and you hover why does the Earth not come to you if it’s round?
“Why, if we’re hurtling through space, why would water stay still? Why is it not wobbling?
“Also if you fire a laser about 16 miles, if the world was curved, you shouldn’t be able to see it but you can.
“The middle is the North Pole, around the outside is the South Pole which is like a big wall of ice.
“This is why all governments now have bases on the South Pole.”
Some fans joked Froch, who had two epic battles with George Groves, came to his conclusion after a few blows to the head
Several NBA stars including Shaquille O’Neal have also come out in support of the theory.
LA Lakers icon O’Neal came to the conclusion after noticing the road was flat when he drove from Florida to California, and said: “It’s true. The Earth is flat.”
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving issued an apology after he claimed: “This is not even a conspiracy theory. It’s right in front of our faces. They lie to us.
“If you really think about it from the landscape of the way we travel, the way we move, and the fact that – can you really think of us rotating around the sun and all planets aligned, rotating in specific dates, being perpendicular with what’s going on with these planets?
“The truth is right there. You’ve just got to go searching for it.”
And a Spanish football club even changed their name to Flat Earth FC to publicise their owner’s theory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I box without fighting?
Fighting is the only way to train boxing. It is important to put in the effort to improve your boxing. However, if you are willing to put in the effort, you’ll be able improve your boxing technique as well as speed, endurance, strength, stamina, and speed.
A good fight will help you improve your boxing technique. Pay attention to how they move and throw punches. Also, observe how they defend themselves. Try to imitate their movements.
The next step is to spar with another boxer. This is where you will see if your boxing technique has improved. When you spar, you’ll also notice how fast you can punch, how strong your punches feel, and how well you block incoming punches.
Doing drills is another way to improve your boxing skills. You can improve your boxing skills with practice, so be patient.
How to throw a jab
This guide will show you how to throw a jab.
- Take your step forward with both of your feet.
- Elevate your arm over your shoulder.
- Keep your fist in front of your target.
- After hitting your target you should swing your arm up.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4.
What is the difference in a left and right hook?
A left hook is thrown from the side of the body while a right cross is thrown from the front of the body.
A left hand hook is one that is thrown with the opponent’s right side facing. The elbow is bent 90°. The wrist is turned 45° toward opponent.
The opponent is facing the palm and the elbow straight. A right cross is made. The wrist is turned 45 degrees away from the opponent.
What does it take to become professional boxer?
To become a professional boxer, it takes dedication and years of hard work. If you want to become a professional boxer, you’ll need to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to training.
How do beginners train to become boxers?
Boxing is one, if not the oldest, sport in existence. But boxing only recently became more popular. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch one another until one falls.
Finding out if boxing is something you enjoy is the first step to becoming a professional boxer. Check out some YouTube fights to get a feel for what it is like to hit someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
What are the benefits to boxing?
There are many benefits to boxing. For one, boxing can help build strong bones and muscles. Boxing can improve your coordination and reflexes. It also strengthens your heart and lungs. Boxing doesn’t need any special equipment. You can use almost anything around your home.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- A place to train is essential. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is made mostly of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You will need a bench. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These are available online and in offline shops. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need to have a towel. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can be purchased at local sporting goods store or online stores. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.