BOXING legend Antonio Tarver called on Mike Tyson to set up a fight between him and YouTuber Jake Paul.
Paul is 5-0 winning a number of fights, incliding comprehensively knocking out retired NBA star Nate Robinson and defeating Tyron Woodley TWICE.
Antonio Tarver called on Mike Tyson to set up a fight between him and YouTuber Jake Paul
Paul is flying in his professional boxing career
But Tarver – who famously ended the reign of Roy Jones Jr – was not impressed by the performance.
And he wants to fight the 25-year-old internet sensation and stop the new age of outsiders venturing into the ring.
Tarver, 53, wrote on Instagram back in 2020: “I really want to kick @jakepaul ass for what he did to @naterobinson last night and rid boxing of these clowns once and for all.
“He fought a complete novice so fighting me shouldn’t be a problem… @miketyson make this fight.”
Tarver last fought in 2015 with a split-decision defeat against Steve Cunningham.
He has been training Evander Holyfield, 59, helping the ex-heavyweight champion keep up his fitness.
It inspired Tarver to think about lacing up the gloves again, with Jones’ trainer revealing the pair have unfinished business.
Paul, on the other hand, is focussing on bringing MMA fighters over to boxing as he called out UFC star Conor McGregor and Dillon Danis.
Paul comprehensively knocked out retired NBA star Nate Robinson
He said: “I’m taking this seriously.
“There’s a long list of opponents that I want.
“Conor McGregor, Dillon Danis, I’m gonna knock them both out.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was initially developed by ancient warriors to defeat enemies. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. Boxing does not require that you go to a gym. A pair of gloves, punching bags and a few sparring buddies are all you need.
There are many local amateur boxing groups that you can join to train with professionals. Once you master basic punches & combinations, you will be ready for competition in tournaments.
How much weight do I need to lift for a good workout?
Weight lifting is essential if you want to improve your strength. However, there are certain guidelines you should keep in mind when lifting weights. Do not push yourself too hard. Second, try to lift heavier weights every other day. Third, perform each exercise for 8 repetitions. Fourth, rest for 2 minutes between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. Focus on form and not speed.
What are the seven punches in boxing
There are seven boxing punches. They include jab and cross, hook and uppercut, straight right and left hook, as well as body shot. These punches are used to attack the opponent’s head, body, and legs.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- A headgear is essential. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can buy them online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.