BOXING promotion Global Titans have revealed proof of payment after YouTuber Deji claimed he was owed money by them.
Deji – full name Oladeji Daniel Olatunji – faced boxing legend Floyd Mayweather in November in an exhibition bout in Dubai.
Floyd Mayweather beat YouTuber Deji in Dubai
But five months on and the social media star alleged that he was still owed an amount by Global Titans.
He said: “Global Titans? Yeah they just fully disappeared.
“They still owe me money, actually. I enjoyed sharing the ring with Floyd Mayweather and that’s enough payment in itself.
“I got to share the ring with a great. He was nice to me, yeah, he took the p*** in the ring but I still hold so much respect for him, I think he’s a solid guy. A d***head, but solid.”
Mayweather, 46, beat Deji, 26, in six rounds and hinted at more exhibition fights with Global Titans.
But the Dubai-based promotion are yet to stage any more events since their inaugural one in the Middle East.
Although they broke their silence to hit back at Deji and revealed proof of a $662,000 (£528,000) payment.
Global Titans added in another tweet: “He also received a deposit upfront – total of $750k for the fight.”
Mayweather most recently faced reality TV star-turned boxer Aaron Chalmers, 35, at London’s O2 Arena in his latest exhibition.
Meanwhile, Deji will make his return to the ring on May 13 on his brother KSI’s undercard.
He will take on rapper Swarmz – who last August lost to KSI – but beat rival Ryan Taylor in January after throwing ONE punch.
KSI pictured with younger brother Deji
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I improve my defense in fighting?
It is possible to improve your defensive capabilities by learning how smart you fight. You should be able defend against all attacks and also know how you can counterattack, if necessary.
If you don’t know the art of fighting, you won’t have the ability to win any fights. You’ll just get beaten up. You’ll just get beat up if you know how fight.
Here are some ways to improve your defense.
- Know the origin of your opponent’s attack. This means that you have to pay attention to your opponent’s body language. This could be a sign that your opponent is preparing for his next attack.
- Keep calm. Don’t panic. Instead, be calm and focussed.
- Block with the arms of your armour. Blocking with your arm is a simple, but effective, way to defend yourself against attackers.
- Counterattack. If you see your opponent attacking you, then you need to counterattack immediately.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty can be a way to defend yourself. You can also respond to an opponent’s kicks by kicking them back.
Are you able to learn how to box?
Yes, it is possible to learn how to box. All you have to do is find a nearby boxing club and join a class. You will find most gyms offering free classes. However, if there isn’t one near you, you can always search Google for local boxes clubs.
Equipment such as gloves, mouthpieces, headgear and sparring partners are also required. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
How to protect yourself
Protect your head when you are being attacked. Your goal is to avoid getting punched in the first place. To do so, you need to know how to block an incoming punch. Here’s what to do:
- Elevate your shoulders high and straighten your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows in line with your sides.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until your attacker runs off.
- Do not let up on your defense.
What can I do to improve my punching?
Punching form is one of the most important parts of boxing. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. These are some tips that will help you improve your punching technique.
- Keep your head up. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Throw short, quick punches. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always block any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Use your legs. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Always practice. Even though you may feel tired after training, keep going. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Be focused on learning new techniques.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. It takes time and practice to improve your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- Enjoy music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- Check out these videos featuring professional boxers. You may be inspired to work harder by watching them compete.
- Read books. Reading helps you to understand boxing techniques.
- Take breaks. Sometimes it’s helpful to take a break when you are boxing. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Look for a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great to build strength and endurance.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need a place where you can train. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is often made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You will need a bench. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- Headgear is necessary. It protects your head when sparring. You can purchase it online or in stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used in real fight simulations. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.