BOXING star Ebanie Bridges has jokingly admitted that she is excited to get “fat again” after her fight against Shannon O’Connell.
The 36-year-old boxer has said she is looking forward to having some Australian meat pies as she ends her pre-fight diet.
Ebanie Bridges and Shannon O’Connell are due to fight on Saturday
Bridges is known for doing her weigh-ins in lingerie
O’Connell had posted this picture suggesting that liked meat pies
Bridges has joked that she is looking forward to getting ‘fat’ again
Bridges is known for appearing in lingerie during her weigh-ins as she is at the height of her fitness.
In an interview before the fight with Matchroom Boxing, her upcoming opponent accused her of making their rivalry personal.
She said: “Ebanie has taken it beyond boxing by getting personal.
“I’ll break her down and make her quit.
“I think she think she talks too much, she forgets what she says so she contradicts herself every time she opens her mouth. I don’t like her.”
One fan was quick to support Bridges by posting a previously deleted tweet in which O’Connell had sent about her weight.
Along with the note: “Bruh Ebanie made it personal? Hey Shannon remember this one?
“You fired the first shot (and most of them) you just wised up and deleted the tweets.”
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
O’Connell had posted a picture of Bridges jogging while in training, along with the caption: “I just got sent this. It would appear her flavour is meat pies…just saying,” she has since deleted the tweet.
Bridges responded to the insult and tweeted: “Damn can’t wait to get fat again like in this pic and eat more meat pies.”
The Blonde Bomber has called out O’Connell for the deleted tweet and labelled her as a “bully”.
Bridges has also backed rival Shannon Courtenay after she was targetted by trolls after she appeared to have gained some weight.
She had tweeted: “Don’t like bullies. Meanwhile, her (O’Connell) & her little clan r body-shaming me.
“I don’t think I looked that bad, but hey, whatever makes her feel better about yourself. I suppose putting others down does that for her.
“We all know after I stuck up for my ole mate shanny for all the fat shamming, I’m really against fat shamming – esp fighters, & when other fighters fat shame other fighters, it’s even worse. It needs 2 stop.
“Women have hard enough time with society expectations.”
The pair will face off on Saturday when they fight at the First Direct Arena in Leeds for Bridges’ IBF bantamweight title.
Bridges’ will be defending her IBF bantamweight title
The pair will fight at the First Direct Arena in Leeds
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take you to learn boxing
Boxing takes 3 months to learn. It takes 3 months to learn the basics of boxing, including footwork, stance and balance. It’s important to remember that boxing is not only about throwing punches. It’s important to be able to block and dodge punches.
Is it possible to train boxing with out fighting?
You can’t train boxing without fighting. You must put in the work to get better at boxing. If you put in the work, you will see improvements in your boxing technique, speed and endurance as well as strength and stamina.
You can improve your boxing technique by watching good boxers compete. It is important to observe their movements, their defenses, and how well they use punches. You can then try to imitate them.
Next, you’ll need to spar against another boxer. This is where you’ll see whether you’ve improved your boxing technique. You’ll be amazed at how fast you can punch and how strong your punches feel.
Finally, practice your boxing skills with drills. You will improve with practice so be patient and persevering.
Where should I buy boxing equipment?
There are many different places online where you can buy boxing equipment. Amazon, eBay. Walmart. Target. and Sports Authority are just a few of the many places you can buy boxing equipment online. You might also consider discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx if you are looking for low-cost boxing gear.
Quality boxing gear is what you should be looking for. You can consider Warrior, Golden Glove or Premier Boxing Champions.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- A mat is necessary. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- A bench is necessary. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- A headgear is essential. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. You can purchase it online or in stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used in real fight simulations. You can purchase them either online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.