CANELO ALVAREZ revealed plans to have hand surgery after beating Gennady Golovkin with his injury so bad he cannot even hold a glass.
The Mexican scored the most convincing win in his trilogy series with GGG, beating the Kazakh by unanimous decision in Las Vegas.
Canelo Alvarez revealed plans to have hand surgery after beating Gennady Golovkin
It followed after a contentious draw in 2017 and razor-thin majority decision victory in the rematch a year later.
Canelo, 32, came into his trilogy bout with Golovkin, 40, having been beaten by Dmitry Bivol in May.
And having finished his business with GGG, the boxing superstar has one more revenge mission left to complete as he eyes a rematch with Bivol.
But Canelo has to first deal with a hand problem by going under the knife.
He said: “‘I need surgery on my hand after this. On my left hand. But I’m good, I’m a warrior and that is why I’m here.
“[It bothered me] a lot. I can’t hold a glass. It is really bad. But I am a warrior.”
Canelo must wait for Bivol, 31, to defend his WBA light-heavyweight title against Gilberto Ramirez, also 31, on November 5.
But he confirmed a rematch with the Russian is his No1 priority.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Canelo said: “Of course, everybody knows. We’ll see, we’ll see what happens in that fight.”
The four-division champion jumped up in weight after winning the undisputed super-middleweight crown in November 2021.
But he appears ready to make the jump from 168lb to 175lb to avenge defeat against Bivol.
Canelo said: “It’s very important for my legacy, for me, for my pride, for my country, for my family, for everything.
“It’s very important and I will beat him.”
Canelo Alvarez wants to rematch Dmitry Bivol
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
So, if you want to practice boxing without a partner, you can simply watch professional boxing matches on TV. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Amateur boxing clubs often hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
Punching bags are another option for practicing boxing. Before hitting the bag, ensure that you are wearing gloves and protective gear.
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. There is padding around the fingers of mitten gloves. Fingerless mitts don’t have any padding around your knuckles but still cover your fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire of the hand.
Mittens are used for punching or hitting with the fist. Fingerless mitts gloves are designed for striking or punching with your index finger’s index finger. Full-fingered boxing gloves are used for punching with the whole fist.
Do you have the ability to train yourself to box?
You can learn how to box. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. Many gyms offer classes for free, but you can also search Google for local boxing clubs.
Equipment such as gloves, mouthpieces, headgear and sparring partners are also required. Once you have everything you need, you can practice your kicks and punches.
How much weight should I lift to be a successful shopper?
Lifting weights is important if you wish to build your strength. When lifting weights, there are some guidelines that you should follow. You should not overdo it. Second, try to lift heavier weights every other day. Third, repeat each exercise eight times. Fourth, rest for 2 minutes between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. And lastly, put more emphasis on form than speed.
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left hook is thrown from the side of the body while a right cross is thrown from the front of the body.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90°. The wrist is turned 45° toward opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
How long does it usually take to become an elite boxer?
It takes years of hard work and dedication to become a professional boxer. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- You need a place where you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You need a punching bag (or two). It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. They should be soft and absorbent.