CANELO ALVAREZ is back in the ring tonight against tough Liverpudlian Callum Smith.
Smith will be the sixth Brit that Alvarez has fought, and the Mexican will be looking to win his opponent’s WBA and Ring Magazine world super-middleweight titles, as well as the vacant WBC strap.
Alvarez also fought and beat Smith’s brother Liam back in 2016, so Callum will be out for revenge.
What time will the Canelo vs Smith ring walks be?
- Set your alarms for this on, UK fight fans.
- While the fight takes place on Saturday, December 19 in the U.S., expect it to be the early hours of Sunday morning on these shores.
- Smith’s trainer Joe Gallagher confirmed on Twitter that his fighter would be making the walk to the ring at around 4.15am on Sunday, December 20.
- Expect the undercard action to begin from around 1am GMT.
What channel is Canelo vs Smith on and can it be live streamed?
- Alvarez’s huge clash with Smith will be shown live on DAZN in the UK.
- You can subscribe to DAZN HERE for just £1.99 a month.
- The DAZN app is available for download onto your Smart TV, mobile or tablet device.
What has been said?
“A win means more than I want, to be honest with you,” Smith told BBC Sport.
“It probably makes me a star in the boxing world.
“I do want star status and people to say ‘what a win that was’. I enjoy that.
“I don’t enjoy the fame side of it. I think when you chase money or fame, things come unstuck.”
Super-middleweight rival Chris Eubank Jr has been speaking about Smith’s prospects of beating Alvarez.
The Brighton fighter, however, doesn’t rate Smith’s chances to be very high.
“Callum will fight him like a scared fighter, just like Sergey Kovalev did in his previous fight,” Eubank Jr told SunSport.
“These guys are going in to survive, just to escape a knockout or getting hurt.
“I don’t have that in me, no matter how big or bad my opponent is, I attack them and Canelo is not used to that.
“He is used to winning these fights before he even gets in the ring, like Mike Tyson used to.
“But nobody is going to get into my head and make me put my tail between my legs.”