CANELO ALVAREZ and Callum Smith go head-to-head this weekend in a huge world title showdown.
Alvarez last beat Sergey Kovalev in his move up to light-heavyweight 13 months ago – but the coronavirus pandemic and a legal battle with former promoters Golden Boy has kept him out of the ring until now.
(Ad) Watch the fight HERE exclusively live on DAZN for just £1.99.
The Mexican start was supposed to take on Brit Billy Joe Saunders in May, but will now face 168 lbs WBA and Ring Magazine titleholder Smith instead.
What time will Canelo vs Smith start in the UK?
- Alvarez’s long-awaited return to the ring will take place on Saturday, December 19.
- The bout should get underway in the early hours of Sunday morning in the UK, between 4.30-5am GMT.
- Coverage of the event, which includes undercard fights, will begin at around 1am.
- The fight will take place at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
What channel is Canelo vs Smith and can it be live streamed?
- Canelo vs Smith will be shown on DAZN UK.
- DAZN is a streaming service which has been used in multiple territories across the globe thus far, with its main focus being boxing in the U.S.
- But they’ve now expanded to over 200 countries, including the UK, where the price has been set at just £1.99 a month to begin with.
- You can download the DAZN app onto your Smart TV, mobile device or tablet.
- To subscribe to DAZN UK, you can click HERE.
Canelo vs Smith FULL CARD
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Callum Smith
- Marc Castro v TBA
- Alexis Espino vs Ashton Sykes
- Austin Williams vs Isiah Jones
- Christian Alan Gomez Duran vs Angel Hernandez
- Alexis Moline v TBA
- Raymond Ford v Robert Greenwood
KNOCKOUT OFFER: GET ALVAREZ AT 6/1 OR SMITH AT 33/1 NEW CUSTOMERS & UK ONLY| 18+| T&Cs APPLY
What have the fighters said?
“I’m very happy to return to the ring and continue to make history,” Canelo said.
“I am motivated to continue to be the best, and I look forward to fighting Callum Smith, who is one of the best at 168 lbs.”
Smith added: “I have wanted a big fight since becoming world champion, so I am pleased that during these challenging times we can deliver to the fans a fight between the very best in the division.
“I truly believe I [will] beat him and will prove that 168 lbs is my division.”
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the offers featured in this article may result in payment to SE.