OSCAR DE LA HOYA was almost “falling ASLEEP” during Canelo Alvarez’s trilogy win over Gennady Golovkin.
De La Hoya promoted the two thrilling fights between the former middleweight rivals.
Oscar De La Hoya was almost ‘falling asleep’ in Gennady Golovkin trilogy with Canelo Alvarez
Under the boxing legend’s wing, Canelo drew with GGG in 2017 but won the rematch a year later.
For the trilogy almost half a decade in the making, Eddie Hearn promoted the fight.
And it ended with Canelo winning via unanimous decision in what was the most unentertaining bout of the series.
De La Hoya, who watched from ringside, posted on Instagram: “I was falling asleep until @holly.sinders grabbed my ass.”
Despite the trilogy fight – four years after Canelo’s rematch win – not living up the billing, it did settle the score once and for all.
Canelo said: “Thank you so much my friend. Thank you for everything.
“We gave the fans three good fights and thank you for everything, OK.”
Golovkin, 40, agreed with Canelo, 32, as the pair of boxing legend’s embraced in the middle of the ring.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
GGG said: “I want to shake hands with Canelo, congrats.
“The guy is a real warrior and if you don’t understand, you don’t understand nothing.”
Golovkin, who still holds the WBA, IBF and IBO titles, looks ready to move back down and snub retirement.
He revealed: “Remember guys, I still have three belts at 160. I’ll come back guys. I’m still champion guys.”
Gennady Golovkin was beaten on points by Canelo Alvarez again
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to practice boxing with no partner?
So, if you want to practice boxing without a partner, you can simply watch professional boxing matches on TV. You could also look for an amateur boxing club in your area. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically include sparring partners that hit pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before hitting the bag you should make sure you are wearing protective gear, such as gloves.
How long do boxers train a day?
Boxing trainers often train at least 4 hours per day. They spend time learning new moves and practice their punches, as well as studying boxing techniques. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Boxing is all about good punch form. If you want to be a better boxer, you must master punch technique. These are some tips that will help you improve your punching technique.
- Keep your head elevated. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from your shoulder. Try to punch from the shoulder, not the chin when you throw a punch.
- Concentrate on your feet. Focus on your feet when punching.
- Make quick, short punches. Throwing longer punches will tire you out more quickly.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. Your elbows can be used to protect yourself.
- Learn how to use your legs. If you learn to use your legs properly, they can help you avoid getting knocked down.
- Keep practicing every day. Keep training even if it makes you tired. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun! Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Remember to breathe. Correct breathing will help you feel stronger and more energetic.
- Relax. Do not worry about making mistakes. Focus on learning new things.
- Be patient. Boxing can be difficult. It takes time to perfect your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- View videos of professional fighters. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Find a coach. Having a coach who knows boxing well can help you improve faster.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
How many punches can a human take?
A punch is defined as “a blow delivered from a fist”. A punch can only be taken once per person. When someone hits you in the face, he/she is punching you. You can’t hit him/her in the back. This would be two punches.
How can I improve my defense in fighting?
You can improve your defense in fighting by learning how to fight smart. It is important to know how to defend yourself against all types of attacks, as well as how to counterattack when necessary.
If you don’t know how to fight, then you won’t be prepared for anything. You’ll just get beaten up. But if you do know how to fight, you’ll be ready for whatever comes at you.
These are some tips that will help you improve your defense.
- Know where your opponent’s attack is coming from. This means you must pay close attention to the body language of your opponent. If your opponent appears nervous, it could mean that he’s about to attack again.
- Stay calm. Don’t panic. Instead, stay focused and relaxed.
- Block with your arms. It is simple and effective to defend yourself from attacks by blocking your arms.
- Counterattack. If you see your opponent attacking you, then you need to counterattack immediately.
- Fight dirty. Fight dirty. If you are being kicked by your opponent, you can respond by kick him back.
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many different places online where you can buy boxing equipment. There are many online stores that sell boxing equipment, including Amazon, eBay Walmart, Target and Sports Authority. You might also consider discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx if you are looking for low-cost boxing gear.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
How much weight should I lift when working out?
If you are looking to increase your strength, weight lifting is a must. There are some things you need to remember when lifting weights. Don’t do it too often. You should lift heavier weights at least once a week. Third, do each exercise 8 times. Fourth, rest for 2 minutes between sets. Fifth, you can do all the exercises without using momentum. Focus on form and not speed.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to box for exercise
How to Learn to Box for Exercise
Learning boxing will help you improve your self-confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is one the most loved sports in the world. It requires speed, strength, agility, stamina and coordination.
Learning how to box is a great way to get fit and feel good about yourself. You will find that the activity is enjoyable and you want to continue doing it.
There are many different types of boxing training programs available. You can choose to train in a gym or at home. Others require that you go to a health club. Online courses are available that you can access anywhere in the world.
Make sure you choose a program that meets your needs and is compatible with your lifestyle. The best programs focus on exercises that increase muscle mass, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. They also promote overall well being.
Consider whether you prefer a beginner or advanced course. Beginner’s courses usually cover basic techniques such as shadowboxing or sparring, mittwork and punching combinations. Advanced programs cover more complex movements and offer more variety.
Programs for beginners usually last eight weeks and cost less that $100. However, they do not offer guidance on nutrition, weight reduction, injury prevention, or any other aspects of boxing training.
Advanced programs usually last for six months and are around $300. These programs often include nutrition advice, stretching routines and warm-up exercises. They also provide instruction on proper technique. Some programs include resistance training, such as lifting weights, and aerobic conditioning, such as running.