CANELO returns to the ring this weekend, just two months after battering Brit Callum Smith.
But before a HUGE clash against Billy Joe Saunders this summer, the Mexican superstar must first defend his super-middleweight titles against Turk Avni Yildirim.
When is Canelo vs Yildirim?
- Canelo vs Avni Yildirim takes place on Saturday, February 27.
- The ring walk time is expected at around 3am UK time (10pm ET), though this depends on the length of the undercard fights.
- The Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida plays host. It is the home of the Miami Dolphins.
What TV channel and live stream is Canelo vs Yildirim on?
DAZN will be broadcasting the fight live in the UK.
Subscribe for £1.99 per month for the DAZN app and watch on games consoles, smart TVs, phones or computers.
DAZN’s coverage begins at midnight (7pm ET).
Who is fighting on the undercard?
- Saul Alvarez vs Avni Yildirim (WBA & WBC world super-middleweight titles)
- Julio Cesar Martinez vs McWilliams Arroyo (WBC world flyweight title)
- Zhilei Zhang vs Jerry Forrest (heavyweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs Rodolfo Gomez Jr (super-middleweight)
- Alexis Espino vs Ashton Sykes (super-middleweight)
- Marc Castro vs Raul Corona (super-featherweight)
- Aaron Aponte vs Harry Gigliotti (super-lightweight)
- Keyshawn Davis vs Lester Brown (lightweight)
What have they said?
Canelo, on the prospect of a fight against WBO titlist Billy Joe Saunders and unifying the super-middleweight division: “It’s important for me and my trainer Eddy [Reynoso], because very few people have achieved becoming undisputed champions.
“And that’s a short-term goal for us. To win all the titles at 168 pounds. Obviously, no Mexican has ever done it. So that’s our short-term goal, to keep making history. And that’s what we want. Eddy and I have always wanted the best. And we want to keep making history.”