CARL FRAMPTON is back in the ring this weekend.
The Northern Irishman,33, was set to challenge Jamel Herring for the WBO super-featherweight title on June 13 but the fight has been postponed until November because of the global pandemic.
As a tune-up, he takes on Scot Darren Traynor, who has stepped in as a late replacement for original opponent Vahram Vardanyan after he had to pull out because of visa issues.
When is Frampton vs Traynor?
- Carl Frampton vs Darren Traynor takes place on Saturday, August 15.
- BT Sport’s studio in Stratford, East London, plays host.
- The fight is set for 10 rounds at lightweight.
What time is Frampton vs Traynor?
- Frampton vs Traynor is set to get underway at around 10.30pm BST.
- It is the co-main event of the card which also features fellow Belfast boxer Michael Conlan vs former world title challenger Sofiane Takoucht.
What live stream and TV channel is Frampton vs Traynor on?
- Frampton vs Traynor is on BT Sport 2 AND BT Sport 1
- BT Sport 2’s coverage begins at 8pm.
- While BT Sport 1’s coverage begins at 10.30pm and will just show the main event.
Can I watch Frampton vs Traynor for FREE?
EE customers can get a free three-month trial of BT Sport by texting SPORT to 150.
You can then cancel at any time.
What have they said?
Frampton: “We had it sorted for June 13 but obviously with everything going on globally, it couldn’t happen.
“Hopefully it can happen and that’s not me taking my eye off the ball.
“I need to win this fight because if I lose, my career is over. Where do I go from here at this stage?”