CHRIS EUBANK JR returns to the ring in a HUGE clash against Liam Smith to open up the year’s boxing.
The second generational bout against Conor Benn was called off after Benn’s failed drugs test, and now Eubank kicks off 2023 with a tough contest.
Eubank Jr and Smith face off
Smith is a former world title challenger who fought Canelo in 2016 and was on the wrong side of a decision to Jaime Munguia in 2018.
Liverpool ace Smith said: “He’s making a big mistake fighting me. Every time he has fought at the top level, he has failed. I know I am at that level and when he steps up on January 21st in Manchester, I’m confident he’ll lose again.
“If he was at 60% for the fight that never was against Conor Benn, then he’ll need to be at 160% to be ready to face me, a former world champion, in front of thousands of my fans in the North-West.
“For Chris this is a high-risk, low-reward. For me, it’s the perfect platform to show I will rule the world again in 2023. He needs to be prepared for the toughest night of his career.”
When is Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith?
Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith will take place on Saturday, January 21.
The main event is expected to start at around 10pm UK time.
The AO Arena in Manchester plays host.
Eubank Jr’s fight against Conor Benn was scuppered
What TV channel and live stream is Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith on?
Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Box Office.
The event will cost £19.95 and the show expected to start from 6pm.
Who is fighting on the Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith undercard?
A bumper card is being announced for the Manchester show.
Unbeaten cruiserweight Richard Riakporhe takes on former two-time world champion Krzysztof Glowacki.
While former world heavyweight champ Joseph Parker returns to the ring too in his first bout since losing to Joe Joyce last September.
Parker takes on Manchester’s Jack ‘One Smack’ Massey.
And Olympian Frazer Clarke is also on the bill.
- Main event: Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith (middleweight)
- Richard Riakporhe vs Krzysztof Glowacki (cruiserweight)
- Joseph Parker vs Jack Massey (heavyweight)
- Frazer Clarke vs TBA (heavyweight)
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it take to become professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires dedication and years of hardwork. You will need to train at least 10 hours per semaine if you want to be a professional boxer.
What can I do to improve my punching?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. Here are some ways to improve your boxing technique.
- Keep your head high. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Try to punch from the shoulder, not the chin when you throw a punch.
- Pay attention to your feet. Focus on your feet when punching.
- Throw short, quick punches. Throwing longer punches will tire you out more quickly.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always block any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. The best way to defend your self is with your elbows.
- Use your legs. Learn to properly use your legs.
- Always practice. Even though you may feel tired after training, keep going. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Breathe. Breathing correctly will make you stronger and give you energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry so much about making mistakes. Don’t worry about making mistakes. Instead, focus on learning new skills.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop learning. There will always be improvement.
- You can listen to music. Listening to music during training can help you to relax and stay focused.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Push-ups are a great exercise. Push-ups are great for building strength and endurance.
How can I practice boxing defense by myself?
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. Boxing is also considered to be one of the hardest sports to play. You don’t just punch someone in the face and knock him out. You should know how to defend against punches, kicks, and other attacks.
Locate a boxing club near you. Once you have found a suitable place to train you’ll need some gloves or headgear. The gloves protect your hands, while the headgear protects you. Shorts and a Tshirt are also required.
Once you’ve gathered all your equipment, it’s time for you to start warming up. Start off slowly and gradually work your way up to full speed. If you feel ready, get on the bag and start sparring with another boxer. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. You can always try again until it is perfect.
How can I box without a partner?
You can practice boxing by watching professional matches on TV, even if your partner is not available. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before hitting the bag you should make sure you are wearing protective gear, such as gloves.
What are the advantages of learning to box
If you want to learn how to box, then you should consider the following reasons:
- It builds confidence. You will be able to confront bullies and other bullies by learning to box.
- It improves your physical and mental health. Boxing helps build muscle mass. Muscle mass will make you stronger.
- It teaches self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It increases your mental toughness. Mental toughness is important when you’re facing challenges.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. Once you’ve mastered a certain technique, you’ll feel like a real boxer.
- It’s fun! It’s fun!
- It’s cheap. All you need to do is get a pair or boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t need much space
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many online places where you can purchase boxing equipment. There are many online stores that sell boxing equipment, including Amazon, eBay Walmart, Target and Sports Authority. Ross and TJ Maxx are great places to find cheap boxing gear.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
How can a beginner start boxing at home?
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was first developed to train warriors against their enemies in ancient times. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. Boxing does not require that you go to a gym. All you need is a pair of gloves, some punching bags, and a few friends to spar with.
You can also find local amateur boxing clubs where you can join and get trained by professional coaches. You’ll be ready for tournaments once you have mastered basic combinations and punches.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
Here are the Basic Skills of Boxing
How to box effectively
Boxing has become a very popular sport. It involves two people who attempt to knock each other out of their heads. Each country has its own rules. There are three types: Amateur, Professional, or Olympic boxing.
Amateur boxing is often practiced at school, college, or university. This type includes sparring sessions using padded gloves, but without protection. Amateur boxing matches usually consist of three rounds lasting five minutes each. There are many styles to amateur boxing like Kickboxing. Muay Thai. Taekwondo. Karate. Judo. Wrestling.
Boxing is often practiced in gyms or clubs. They are equipped with protective equipment including a mouthpiece and nose guard, shinguards as well as elbow pads, knee pads. Waist belts and groin protectors. Six rounds of professional boxing last four minutes each. There are several different styles of professional boxing including Boxing, MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo and others.
Olympic boxing takes place at the Olympics. International standards dictate that boxers must wear protective gear. The competition lasts approximately three minutes for each round. There are only two styles of Olympic boxing; Light Flyweight and Heavyweight.
The basic skills of boxing are:
- Punching techniques
- Guarding techniques
- The body moves
There are seven types. Each punch has its own technique. Some punches require more strength than others. For example, an uppercut requires great force. A straight punch, on the other hand requires less power and is quicker than other punches.
There are many combinations that can be used to punch. These are combinations that combine punches to accomplish a particular goal. A combination may contain several parts. A combination may include multiple parts. For example, damage to the jaw of an opponent can be caused by a left hook and a right cross.
Boxers protect themselves by protecting their bodies. He uses his arms, legs, elbows, knees, knees, and feet to do this.
Boxers must use their legs to defend themselves against kicks. When he receives a kick, he raises his leg and moves away from the attacker. To avoid being kicked on his side, he will bend his knees if the attack is from the front. However, if the attack comes from behind, he stands up straight and blocks the kick with his foot.
Because elbow strikes inflict a lot of pain, they are very effective. You can deliver an elbow strike directly or indirectly. Directly, you strike your opponent with your forearm. Indirectly, you hit him with another portion of your arm.
Boxers use their arms to stop incoming blows. They raise their fists high above their heads and point them in the direction of an attack. They then make contact with their attacker’s fist.
A boxer should bend his knees in order to absorb any blows to his stomach, abdomen, chest or stomach. Defense purposes are often served by knee strikes.
A boxer should not be afraid to respond to an attack. This way, he can gain distance between himself and his opponent. In addition, when delivering a counter-attack, a boxer should keep his balance.
To box effectively, a boxer must establish a stance. His stance determines how he defends himself. It is how he positions himself and where he faces the opponent. Boxers have many options for stances. These are some of our most favorite:
- Low stance
- High stance
- Southpaw stance
- Western stance
A boxer must be able to move around his opponent in order to win a fight. This includes changing speed, position and rhythm.
Boxers rotate their arms when they throw a punch. Different types of punches require different speeds for the rotation.
The effectiveness of a combination depends on the timing of each individual punch. A good combination starts with a strong punch and ends with a weak one.
Sparring is a training session that improves boxing skills. Sparring is a training session that helps a boxer train his mind and body. Sparring, in conclusion, is about learning how to fight and not getting hurt.
It is important to be patient and dedicated when learning how to box. You need to train hard and long in order to become a better boxer.