CHRIS EUBANK JR is back in the ring this weekend for the first time since his fight with Conor Benn was cancelled.
Next Gen will take on the experienced Liam Smith in a middleweight bout in Manchester.
Chris Eubank faces Liam Smith in the main event on Saturday night
The pair have been trading verbal jabs throughout the build-up to their fight on Saturday.
Eubank Jr and Smith will finally be able to settle their beef in a brilliant fight to kick off the new year in British boxing.
On the undercard there are some fantastic fights for fans to feast their eyes on.
The likes of Joseph Parker, Chris Kongo and Richard Riakporhe are all in action.
Eubank Jr vs Smith full card
Though Eubank Jr vs Smith will headline the card, there are some cracking fights to come before it.
Richard Riakporhe is in the co-main against Krysztof Glowacki as he looks to kick on towards a world title shot.
Chris Kongo faces Ekow Essuman for the British and Commonwealth titles.
And Joseph Parker is back in action for the first time since his loss to Joe Joyce as he takes on Brit Jack Massey.
Frazer Clarke and Matty Harris are also in fights of their own on the card.
Joseph Parker is in action on the Eubank Jr-Smith undercard
- Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Liam Smith
- Richard Riakporhe vs. Krzysztof Głowacki
- Joseph Parker vs. Jack Massey
- Ekow Essuman vs. Chris Kongo
- Frazer Clarke vs. Kevin Espindola
- Matty Harris vs. Jiri Surmaj
- Scott Forrest vs. Amine Boucetta
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches is a human capable of taking?
A punch is “a blow delivered from the fist”. One punch is all that a human can take. You are punching someone in the face if they hit you. You can’t hit him/her in the back. This would be two punches.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
You can practice boxing by watching professional matches on TV, even if your partner is not available. You might also be able to find an amateur club nearby. Regular training sessions are a common feature of amateur boxing clubs. These sessions usually involve sparring partners who hit pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
What can I do to improve my punching?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head elevated. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. Avoid moving your feet while you punch.
- Throw short, quick punches. Throwing longer punches will tire you out more quickly.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always remember to block incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. Your elbows can be used to protect yourself.
- Learn to use your legs. If you learn to use your legs properly, they can help you avoid getting knocked down.
- Keep practicing every day. Even though you may feel tired after training, keep going. To be a good coach, you need to practice.
- Have fun Enjoy what’s going on.
- Remember to breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing takes practice. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop improving. There is always room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- View videos of professional fighters. The fights can inspire you and motivate you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading helps you better understand boxing techniques.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Find a coach. Coaching can make you more efficient at boxing.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for building strength and endurance.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You will need somewhere to train. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- You need a punching bag (or two). It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is essential. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. These bags can be bought online or offline. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You will need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is essential. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- A towel is essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.