CHRIS EUBANK JR vs Liam Smith is signed and sealed for January 21 in Manchester.
The middleweight rivals will clash on a Sky Sports show almost four months after Eubank Jr’s clash with Conor Benn was cancelled, just three days out from the mega-money clash.
Chris Eubank says his ‘class’ will beat the ‘competence’ of Liam Smith
Smith claims Eubank Jr has judged it wrong by ‘stepping up’ to his level
But the 33-year-old can make up for that hit in the pocket by getting his hands on his 34-year-old Liverpool rival, who has repeatedly dismissed the Brighton man’s ability.
Smith – from the famous fighting family that includes Paul, Callum and Stephen – said: “He’s making a big mistake fighting me.
“Every time he has stepped up to elite level, he has failed.
“I am elite and he will fall again on January 21st in Manchester.
“If he was at 60% for the fight that never was against Conor Benn, then he’ll need to be at 160% to be ready to face me, a former world champion, in front of thousands of my fans in the North-West.
“For Chris this is a high-risk, low-reward.
“For me, it’s the perfect platform to show I will rule the world again in 2023. “
But Eubank Jr reckons he’s “twice” as good as Smith.
He said: “He has he been in there with some good fighters. Are they on my level? No.
” He’s a competent fighter but class beats competence every day of the week.
“It’s a good opportunity for me to show I’m twice the fighter that he is as well as those he has faced.
“Manchester is an iconic sporting city. It has hosted many legendary fight nights and many memorable fighters have been born there.
“It’ll be a great performance and the Eubank name will hopefully become a regular feature whenever the boxing history of Manchester is discussed.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a beginner box at home?
Boxing is one of the oldest sports known to man. Boxing was initially developed by ancient warriors to defeat enemies. Today, boxing is widely practiced all over the world. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. To box, all you need are a pair gloves and punching bags.
Amateur boxing clubs in your area can be joined and trained by professional coaches. Once you master basic punches & combinations, you will be ready for competition in tournaments.
Can you train yourself to box?
Yes, it is possible to learn how to box. Just find a local boxing studio and sign up for a class. You can find free classes at most gyms, or you can search for nearby boxing clubs via Google.
Equipment such as gloves, mouthpieces, headgear and sparring partners are also required. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
What is the best way to practice boxing with no partner?
You can also watch professional boxing matches live on TV if you don’t have a partner and want to learn boxing. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically involve sparring partners, who often hit pads together.
Boxing can also be practiced using punching bags. Before you hit the bag, make sure to wear protective gear like boxing gloves.
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three types: mitts (fingerless mitts), full-fingerered gloves, and mitts (fingerless mitts). The padding around the knuckles of mitten gloves is called padding. Fingerless mitts are not padded around the knuckles and still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire hand.
Mittens are useful for striking the fist or punching. Fingerless mitt gloves are used for punching or striking with the knuckle of the index finger. Boxing gloves for full-finger punching can be obtained with full-fingered hands.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is often made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You need a bench. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You will need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- You need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.