CONOR BENN hasn’t fought in over a year – and he’s being welcomed back to the sport with a tough test.
‘The Destroyer’ is undefeated in his pro career so far and could be seen last knocking out Steven Jamoye at the O2 last October.
Benn was meant to fight again in the spring but coronavirus scuppered those plans – so he’s back this weekend against IBO welterweight titleholder Formella.
Formella dropped a decision to former two-time world champion Shawn Porter in August, so this will be his second fight of the pandemic.
When is the fight taking place?
- Conor Benn vs Sebastian Formella will throw down on Saturday, November 21.
- The fight will take place at Wembley Arena, where Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom have taken residency with their bubble over the next few weeks.
What time is the fight?
- The action should begin at 7pm UK time, with Benn and Formella’s ring-walks likely to occur around 10pm UK time.
- Usually Matchroom put earlier fights on Facebook, with coverage beginning as early as 5pm, but that isn’t the case this time.
What channel is it on and can it be streamed?
- Benn vs Formella will be live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena.
- You can live stream the action from your NOW TV or Sky Go app on a tablet or mobile device.
Benn vs Formella FULL CARD
- Conor Benn vs Sebastian Formella
- Fabio Wardley v Richard Lartey
- Liam Davies v Sean Cairns
- Alen Babic v Tom Little
- Ben Ridings vs Jez Smith
What has been said
Conor Benn: “At the start of lockdown I did say that I would not fight behind closed doors and I was criticised.
“But the criticism came from people who have never got in a ring and risked their life and health for money.
“I have been out of the ring for a year but used the time to learn so much in the gym and improve so why shouldn’t I sit tight and wait for the opportunity I have earned?”
“This time next year I will be British and Commonwealth champion and that is all that is on my horizon right now.
“I am just desperate to reach my full potential.
“I don’t go around saying I am going to be a world champion, I just want to get the absolute maximum out of myself.
“There are a lot of deluded fighters out there and I don’t want to sound like them.”