BOXER Conor Benn’s wife has spoken of her terror after an intruder broke in while she was at home with their toddler.
Victoria Benn was home alone with her two-year-old son Eli when she went to investigate a noise and saw a man stood on the stairs.
Victoria told how her home was broken into while alone with son Eli
Boxer husband Conor was out of the house at the time
The mum, married to welterweight champ Conor, said the robber left empty-handed and thankfully neither she or Eli were hurt.
Describing the horror on her YouTube channel, Victoria said she was eating her dinner on Sunday evening when she heard a noise.
The mum added: “I thought ‘There’s no way that could have been a breeze’.
“I walked out to the hallway and I found a man on the stairs, it was probably the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me.”
Victoria explained she “lost it” after finding the intruder and began “screaming and swearing at him”.
The mum said: “I cannot explain the feeling that took over me, it makes me want to be sick.
“When you’re going towards that noise and then seeing someone in your house.”
She said her phone was charging in the bedroom so she couldn’t get help straightaway as she did not want to leave Eli alone.
Eventually she managed to raise the alarm with her neighbours and the man left without taking anything.
Victoria believes the thief was watching the house as Conor – son of ring legend Nigel Benn – had left 30 minutes before he broke in.
She has slammed the “disgusting” robber for their “audacity” at targeting her while she was home alone.
But she thanked Essex Police for their help since the break-in and confirmed there is now extra security at their home.
Victoria added: “How horrible it is to know your house broken into. When I’m now home alone without Conor it’s not a nice feeling at all and it made me feel very vulnerable.
“Now I have that fear when I’m home alone with Eli that anything can happen. To go through that was honestly the most scariest moment of my life.”
It comes after Conor revealed this month he wanted to kill himself after being accused of taking a banned testosterone-boosting drug
The boxer told Piers Morgan that he suffered night terrors and panic attacks in the wake of the drugs tests last autumn.
And in Piers Morgan Uncensored, Benn also revealed he wants to sue British boxing’s governing body for loss of earnings and damage to his reputation.
Victoria said she confronted the robber after hearing a noise
She said he left empty-handed
Benn has been accused of taking banned drugs
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left hook is thrown at the side of the body and a right crossover is thrown at the front.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90°, and the wrist is turned 45° towards the opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
The following are reasons why you should learn how to box.
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It is good for your health. Boxing builds muscle mass. Muscle mass will make you stronger.
- It teaches self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It builds mental toughness. Mental toughness is vital when facing difficult situations.
- It can give you a feeling of accomplishment. You’ll feel like a true boxer once you master a technique.
- It’s fun! It’s great fun to get punched in your stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need are a pair of punching bags and boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t take up much space
How can I increase my defense against fighting?
By learning to fight smart, you can improve the defense of your combative skills. You need to be able to defend yourself from all angles and counterattack if necessary.
You won’t be able to fight if you don’t know what fighting is. You’ll just get beaten up. But if you do know how to fight, you’ll be ready for whatever comes at you.
Here are some ways to improve your defense.
- You must understand where your opponent’s attacks are coming from. This means that you need to pay close attention and observe your opponent’s body language. For example, if he looks nervous, this could mean that his next attack is coming soon.
- Be calm. Don’t panic. Instead, be calm and focussed.
- Block with your arms. It is simple and effective to defend yourself from attacks by blocking your arms.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty can be a way to defend yourself. For example, if your opponent throws a kick at you, then you can respond by kicking him back.
What are the different types and uses of boxing gloves?
There are three types of boxing gloves available: mitts and fingerless mitts. The padding around the knuckles of mitten gloves is called padding. Fingerless mitts, which do not provide padding around the fingers but cover them, have no padding at the knuckles. Full-fingered gloves have padding on the entire hand.
The mitten is used to punch or hit with the fist. For striking or punching with the index finger’s knuckle, mitt gloves can be used. Boxing gloves that are full-fingered can be used to punch with your whole fist.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They learn new moves and practice their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
How to learn how to box for fitness
How to Learn to Box For Exercise
The goal of learning boxing is to improve your physical fitness level and develop self confidence. Boxing is the most well-known sport in the world. It requires strength, speed, agility, stamina, coordination, balance, power and accuracy.
It’s a great way for you to feel fit and healthy. You’ll find that you enjoy the activity so much that you’ll want to keep doing it.
There are many different types of boxing training programs available. Some are held at health clubs or gyms, while others can be done at home. You can also study online from any location in the world.
Be sure to consider your goals when choosing a program. Also, ensure it fits your lifestyle. Exercises that build muscle mass, flexibility, endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and improve overall well-being are the best.
You should also consider whether you prefer a beginner’s course or a more advanced one. Beginner’s classes usually teach basic techniques, such as sparring, mittwork, shadowboxing, and punching. Advanced programs cover more complex movements and offer more variety.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. However, they don’t provide any guidance on nutrition, weight loss, injury prevention, or other aspects of boxing training.
Advanced programs usually last for six months and are around $300. They can include nutrition advice, stretching routines, warm up exercises, and instructions on proper technique. Some programs include resistance training such as lifting weights and aerobic conditioning such as running.