OLEKSANDR USYK will offer Daniel Dubois a crack at world title if a spring showdown with Tyson Fury fails to come to fruition.
The undefeated Ukrainian is hoping to complete the heavyweight title set in a blockbuster undisputed fight in Saudi Arabia early next year.
An undisputed fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury is in the pipeline
But Gypsy King Fury has been non-committal on the blockbuster showdown
Daniel Dubois could end up facing Usyk if the fight doesn’t come to fruition
But WBC king Fury has been none committal on the bout, which has prompted Team Usyk to weigh up a mandatory title defence against WBA regular champ Dubois.
Promoter Alexander Krassyuk told Betfred: “We’re looking at Saudi Arabia most likely.
“We have a timeslot between February 18th and March 4th 2023 in our mind to book this fight.
“It all depends on how it’s going to finish on Saturday, because even if Fury comes through the winner against [Derek] Chisora, he may be injured or have some broken bones that may mean a longer wait for the undisputed fight.
“If something does go wrong then we’re probably going to look at the mandatories we have and Daniel Dubois is the first in line.”
Although a fight with Dubois is a real possibility, Usyk’s sole focus is on becoming the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.
He said: “This is the only thing Usyk wants.
“He doesn’t want to go through all the mandatories, he wants to go straight to glory and legacy.
“This is the fight that most of the fans in the world want to see.
“There’s never been a heavyweight that’s had four of the belts at the same time, so this is history in the making.
“You can’t find any reason for not taking this fight.
“If you’re a man, you respect your fans and you respect boxing, then you can have no excuse not to fight Usyk.
The tale of the tape: Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk
“Everybody is on board.
“Queensberry promotions is on board, Usyk’s team is and Usyk is as well.
“Our partners in the Middle East are ready and willing to host this fight.
“The only thing that is still pending is the consent of a tall, bald, gypsy man to get beaten. That’s it.”
Oleksandr Usyk is determined to become the undisputed ruler of the heavyweight division
Fury, 34, will be back in action on Saturday night – locking horns with Derek Chisora in a Tottenham trilogy fight.
Usyk, meanwhile, was last in action in August – retaining his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight title with a split decision victory over Anthony Joshua.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do to practice my boxing defense?
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. Boxing is one of the most difficult sports you can play. You cannot just punch someone in his face and then knock him out. You must know how to defend yourself from punches and kicks.
The first thing you need to do is find a boxing gym near you. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
After you have all the equipment you need, it’s time to get warm. You can start slowly and then increase speed gradually. If you feel ready, get on the bag and start sparring with another boxer. Do not worry if you make a mistake. Just try again until you nail it.
What is Boxing and how does it work?
Boxing is a sport where two people try to knock out each other by hitting them in their head and faces. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. Both boxers need to be able throw punches at high speeds in order to achieve this. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
What are the 7 punches in boxing?
Boxing uses seven punches: jab, hook, hook, uppercut and straight right. These punches will be used to attack the opponent’s head, body and legs.
What are the benefits of boxing?
There are many benefits to boxing. Boxing is good for building strong bones and muscles. It improves coordination, reflexes, and coordination. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. The best part is that boxing doesn’t require any special equipment. You can use almost anything around your home.
How do I practice boxing alone?
You can practice boxing by watching professional matches on TV, even if your partner is not available. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Regular training sessions are a common feature of amateur boxing clubs. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
Boxing can also be practiced using punching bags. Just make sure that you’re wearing protective gear such as boxing gloves before hitting the bag.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is a must. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. These bags can be bought online or offline. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used in real fight simulations. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.