ANTHONY JOSHUA has been told Deontay Wilder is ready to negotiate for a super-fight at Wembley next year.
The American returned last weekend with a trademark bang knocking out Robert Helenius inside three minutes in New York.
Deontay Wilder celebrates after knocking out Robert Helenius
Anthony Joshua has been told Deontay Wilder is ready to negotiate a super-fight next year
Before the comeback bout, Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel received an invite from Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn to speak over the phone.
But Finkel wanted to hold out until after the Bronze Bomber made his return following a year out of action.
Following Wilder’s statement first-round finish, the Hall of Famer promoter is leaving the door open for talks with Hearn.
Finkel told SunSport: “We said at the press conference it depends what surfaces this week. Whether it be Oleksandr Usyk, or Hearn reaching out.
“It’s funny with Eddie, he made all these big statements before, ‘Oh, I tried and I tried, Shelly doesn’t want to talk to me.’
“I said I would talk to him, but after the fight, because that is when it makes sense, that is what the reality is.
“I always said, there was no reason to have spoken before the fight, but we’re always willing to talk to him.”
Finkel is even prepared to take Wilder abroad, whether it be for a mega-money Middle East deal or a stadium fight in England.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
He said: “I was asked if they offered the right deal, would we do the fight in the UK? Of course.
“Financially, it could be Saudi Arabia or another country, but it really comes down to them.
“I believe the fight between Deontay and Joshua will do 80,000 at Wembley.”
Joshua, 33, and Wilder, 36, failed to agree terms throughout 2018 and 2019, when the pair were unbeaten and holding all four titles.
Since then, AJ has lost three of his last five bouts, most recently twice to Usyk, 35, who retained the unified treasure.
Meanwhile Wilder was beaten consecutively by Fury, 34, in that period before dispatching his ex-sparring partner Helenius, 38.
The former WBC champion called out Usyk and promotional stable-mate Andy Ruiz Jr, 33, after his emphatic return.
But Joshua has twice faced those two and recently failed to agree terms for a December Battle of Britain with Fury.
It leaves Finkel believing the 2012 Olympic gold medalist has little lucrative avenues to explore other than a showdown with Wilder.
He said: “Two or three years ago, when Joshua and us did not make the fight, he had options and he was on top of the world.
“Right now, he doesn’t have many options and if Fury fights Usyk, the only real big fight out there for Joshua is us.
“But it’s up to them. The important thing, without getting into a big dialogue with Eddie, was to wait until after the fight and then decide.
“If Deontay lost, there would be no fight, but now we’ll see, the fight is as enormous as ever.”
Wilder, who turns 37 this week, has warned he has only three years left in the sport before retiring at 40.
So Finkel wants a swift return by March to embark on two major fights in 2023.
He said: “Ideally he’d come back in the spring, like March. The preference would be probably Usyk, Joshua or Ruiz.
“And then some scenario whoever the first fight was, then the second fight we’d do that, I wouldn’t assume three fight but two.”
Deontay Wilder knocked out Robert Helenius in the first round
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight do I need to lift for a good workout?
Weight lifting is essential if you want to improve your strength. There are some things you need to remember when lifting weights. Do not push yourself too hard. You should lift heavier weights at least once a week. Third, repeat each exercise eight times. Fourth, you should rest for two minutes between sets. Fifth, you can do all the exercises without using momentum. The last tip is to focus on form over speed.
How can I increase my defense against fighting?
It is possible to improve your defensive capabilities by learning how smart you fight. You should be able defend against all attacks and also know how you can counterattack, if necessary.
You won’t be able to fight if you don’t know what fighting is. You’ll just get beaten up. If you know how to fight you will be ready for anything.
Here are some ways to improve your defense.
- Be aware of where your opponent is attacking. This means you should pay attention to what your opponent is saying. This could be a sign that your opponent is preparing for his next attack.
- Stay calm. Don’t panic. Instead, remain calm and focused.
- Block with your arms. You can defend yourself against attacks by blocking with your arms.
- Counterattack. You should immediately counterattack your opponent if they are attacking you.
- Fight dirty. Fight dirty. If your opponent kicks you in the face, you can counter by kicking him back.
What are the different types and uses of boxing gloves?
There are three main types of boxing gloves: mitts, fingerless mitts, and full-fingered gloves. There is padding around the fingers of mitten gloves. Fingerless mitts are not padded around the knuckles and still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire of the hand.
The mitten is used to punch or hit with the fist. Fingerless mitt gloves, also known as fingerless mitts, are used to punch or strike with the index finger’s knuckle. For punching with one fist, full-fingerered boxing gloves can be used.
How long does it take to learn to box?
Boxing can be considered one of the oldest and most well-known martial arts. China recorded the first boxing match in 2200 BC. Boxing has existed for thousands upon thousands of generations. Boxing is still very popular with celebrities and athletes. Boxing takes 10 months to master.
Boxing involves many movements, which is why it can take so long to learn. To be able to perform each movement correctly, certain muscles are required. It takes time and effort to build these muscles.
You can learn how to move your body and then you can begin practicing any type boxing technique. You’ll get better at each technique over time.
What does it take to become professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires dedication and years of hardwork. If you want to become a professional boxer, you’ll need to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to training.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- A mat is necessary. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You will need a bench. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- Headgear is necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be bought online or in-store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- Towels are essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. They should be soft and absorbent.