EBANIE BRIDGES has revealed she broke her hand in the lead-up to her knockout win over Shannon O’Connell.
The all-Australian world title bout took place in Leeds on Saturday night following a lengthy, bad-bloodied build-up.
Ebanie Bridges stopped Shannon O’Connell in the eighth round on Saturday night
Bridges broke her hand while training for her fight against O’Connell
O’Connell criticised Bridges for her out of the ring antics in the lead-up to the bout
And Bridges, 36, defended her belt by savagely stopping O’Connell, 39, in the eighth round of their IBF bantamweight contest.
Now the champion has shared an image of the swollen right hand that she injured during training camp for the bout.
Alongside the picture, she said: “Booked in for surgery on my hand this Friday.
“A lot of my camp was done with one hand. A lot of my sparring only using my left hand.
“But there was no way I was pulling out of that fight cos I knew I could batter her with one hand if needed and I wanted to
“But now time to sort this.”
She then later added: “I was like a pitbull that got off its leash… I wanted to maul her
. Don’t f*** with me
“They all get fooled by the smiles, banter and lingerie in the lead up. On this day – @shotgunshannon1 learned off Miss Bridges
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
Bridges now boasts a professional record of nine victories and one defeat.
That loss came by unanimous decision to Shannon Courtenay in April 2021.
The pair have now been linked with a rematch after Courtenay returned to the ring for the first time in 14 months on the same card as Bridges, clinching a points win over Gemma Ruegg.
Bridges has more than 670,000 followers on Instagram
She often strips down to her underwear for weigh-ins
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers train for at most 4 hours per day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
How long does it take for you to master boxing?
Boxing is one among the oldest martial arts known. The first recorded boxing match was held in China around 2200 BC. For thousands of years, boxing has been practiced. Boxing is still a popular sport among celebrities and athletes. It takes around 10 months for a boxer to be proficient.
Boxing involves many movements, which is why it can take so long to learn. To perform each movement properly, you need specific muscles. These muscles take time to build.
However, once you know how to move your entire body, you can then start any type of boxing technique. You’ll get better at each technique over time.
What are the different types and uses of boxing gloves?
There are three types of boxing gloves available: mitts and fingerless mitts. Mitten gloves have padding around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts do not have padding around the knuckles, but they still cover the fingers. Full-fingered gloves have padding around the entire hand.
Mittens are used for punching or hitting with the fist. For striking or punching with the index finger’s knuckle, mitt gloves can be used. Boxing gloves with full-fingering are designed for punching with your entire fist.
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing is one our oldest sports. Boxing was developed in ancient times to train warriors for fighting against foes. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. Boxing doesn’t require you to attend a gym. You will need some gloves, punching bag, and some friends to spar.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. You’ll be ready for tournaments once you have mastered basic combinations and punches.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. Make sure you get the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- Headgear is necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.