EDDIE HALL showed off an insane body transformation after shedding SIX STONE in preparation to fight Hafthor Bjornsson in March.
The Brit took on his strongman rival in a match dubbed ‘The Heaviest Boxing Match in History’.
Eddie Hall’s insane body transformation
Hall at the height of his power lifting career weighed 196kg, equivalent to 30 STONE.
But after agreeing to a grudge match in the boxing ring with Game of Thrones star Bjornsson, Hall significantly trimmed down.
He tipped the scales at a massive 158kg, or 24st 8lb, and demonstrated his ripped abs.
Hall is over two stone heavier than Nikolai Valuev, the heaviest champion in history.
But punching legend Eric ‘Butterbean’ Esch weighed as heavy as 29st 7lb the night he fought Joe Siciliano in 2007.
Bjornsson, known as ‘Thor’ had two exhibitions bouts in the lead up to his fight with Hall.
Firstly against Irishman Steven Ward and then against ex-English title challenger Simon Vallily at the end of May 2021.
Eddie Hall in training to fight Hafthor Bjornsson
Game of Thrones star Hafthor Bjornsson
He warned: “Eddie Hall, you better be training your ass off because I’m coming for you, and I’m knocking you out – you’re going down.
“I respect you as an athlete, and I know you’re training hard, but I am going to knock you out, see you soon.”
Hall opted against warm-up bouts but released ruthless sparring footage heading into the pay-per-view spectacle.
It was all in vain though as he went down to Thor in their showdown this March.
The Mountain defeated Hall, knocking him down twice, with all three judges scoring the fight 57-54.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you learn to box?
You can learn to box. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. Most gyms offer free classes, but if you don’t see one nearby, you can always look up local boxing clubs on Google.
You’ll also need some equipment like gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, and sparring partners. Once you have everything you need, you can practice your kicks and punches.
How long does it take for boxers to train each day?
Boxing trainers often train at least 4 hours per day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers sometimes spar 10 times per semaine.
How long does it take you to learn boxing
Boxing takes approximately 3 months to learn. This includes learning the basics like footwork, balance, and stance. It is important to remember that boxing does not just involve throwing punches. It is important to know how to dodge and block attacks.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is often made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- Headgear is necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- A towel is essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.