EDDIE HEARN revealed Anthony Joshua has received an offer to fight Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia.
Hearn recently announced he sent a deal for AJ to return on August 12 against Dillian Whyte, who he beat in 2015.
Anthony Joshua with promoter Eddie Hearn
Deontay Wilder is in talks to fight Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia
But negotiations have also been ongoing in the background for Joshua, 33, to meet Wilder, 37, in a super-fight before the year ends.
Now, the dream bout has moved a step closer to reality with Saudi Arabia’s Skill Challenge Entertainment making a formal offer.
But, still no contract has been presented, which keeps the fight from being officially confirmed.
Hearn told iFL TV: “We have an offer without a contract. So we need to wait on that contract.”
Joshua returned with victory in April by beating Jermaine Franklin, 29, which came off the back of consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 36.
Meanwhile Wilder has not boxed since knocking out Robert Helenius, 39, in round one of his October 2022 comeback bout.
Hearn pondered the possibility of AJ waiting out till his end of year blockbuster to avoid the risk of KOing the mega-fight.
But a return against old rival Whyte – who he first lost to in a 2009 amateur bout – looks to be in the works.
Hearn said: “Just discussing it, we had an email conversation today. We’ve got a call probably later today.
“Like I said, AJ is fighting on August 12th, we’d like it to be against Dillian Whyte, we’ll see if we can make a deal.”
Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua are in talks to rematch in August
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
Where should I shop for boxing equipment
Many online stores sell boxing equipment. There are many online stores that sell boxing equipment, including Amazon, eBay Walmart, Target and Sports Authority. Ross and TJ Maxx, which sell cheap boxing gear are good options.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
How can I learn how to defend myself against boxing?
Boxing is one of the oldest martial arts known to man. Boxing can also be considered to one of hardest sports to perform. You can’t just punch someone and knock him out. You must be able defend yourself from kicks and punches.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect you hands while the helmet protects your head. A T-shirt and shorts are required.
Once you’ve got all your equipment, you’ll need to warm up properly. You can start slowly and then increase speed gradually. Once you feel comfortable, go for it and spar with another boxer. Don’t be disappointed if you do not succeed. You can always try again until it is perfect.
What can I do to improve my punching?
Boxing is all about good punch form. You must develop good punch technique if you want to become a better boxer. These are some tips that will help you improve your punching technique.
- Keep your head elevated. Your head should always be up while throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Concentrate on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Send short, sharp punches. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Learn how to use your legs. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Do it every day. You will feel tired when you finish training. Keep going. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what you are doing.
- Keep your eyes open and take deep, slow breaths. Proper breathing will improve your strength and energy.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Be focused on learning new techniques.
- Be patient. Boxing is hard. It takes time to perfect your skills.
- Never stop learning. As long as there’s room to improve, there’ll be more.
- Enjoy music. Listening to music can help you relax during training.
- View videos of professional fighters. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading books can help you better understand boxing techniques.
- It is important to take breaks. Sometimes it’s helpful to take a break when you are boxing. Play basketball or soccer outside.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Push-ups are a great exercise. Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
What are the benefits to boxing?
Boxing offers many health benefits. For starters, boxing helps build strong muscles and bones. It enhances your coordination as well as reflexes. It can also help strengthen your heart muscle and lungs. Boxing does not require special equipment. You can use whatever you have around the house.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to box for exercise
How to box for exercise
Boxing is a sport that improves self confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is one of the most popular sports in the world. It requires speed, agility and strength.
It’s a great way for you to feel fit and healthy. It will be a fun activity that you will want to do again and again.
There are many types of boxing training programs. Some are held at health clubs or gyms, while others can be done at home. There are also online courses which allow you to study from anywhere in the world.
Make sure you choose a program that meets your needs and is compatible with your lifestyle. The best programs are those that focus on building muscle mass, increasing flexibility, improving cardiovascular endurance, and improving overall well-being.
Also, consider whether you prefer an advanced or beginner course. Beginner’s classes usually teach basic techniques, such as sparring, mittwork, shadowboxing, and punching. Advanced programs often cover more complex movements, and include a greater variety of exercises.
A beginner’s program typically lasts eight weeks and costs less $100. However, they don’t provide any guidance on nutrition, weight loss, injury prevention, or other aspects of boxing training.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. They can include nutrition advice, stretching routines, warm up exercises, and instructions on proper technique. In addition, some programs incorporate resistance training (such as lifting weights) and aerobic conditioning (such as running).
Did you miss our previous article…