EDDIE HEARN feared “sad” Mike Tyson would chin him during a terrifying first meeting with the boxing legend at a Vegas club.
The boxing promoter says the former world heavyweight champ put the “fear of Christ” into him.
Boxing legend Mike Tyson gave then-unknown Eddie Hearn an unexpected shock on their first encounter
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn says he tried to boast to Mike Tyson that he was Barry Hearn’s son
Matchroom chief Hearn also revealed how his embarrassing boast “my dad’s Barry Hearn” backfired badly.
But Hearn admits he was out of his comfort zone in his own scary debut encounter with the youngest man ever to become ring king of the world in the showpiece division.
He told British heavyweight Tony Bellew on his TALKTHETALK YouTube programme: “I met him in a club once – in Vegas.
“We were up in this VIP bit and he was up on his own – really sad. He had a lot of people around but you could tell he was actually on his own.
“I sort of went over to him and I’m like, ‘hey, mate! How are you doing?’
“At the time I don’t even think I was promoting boxing. I was like, ‘yeah, my dad’s Barry Hearn. And he’s thinking 1) Who the f*** are you? and 2) Who’s Barry Hearn?
“So I’m like, yeah, yeah… and he’s looking at me and he put the fear of Christ in me.
“I’m looking at him and thinking, I don’t know whether this geezer is going to give me a hug or chin me now.”
Now, though, Hearn is such a linchpin in the boxing business that he was approached over Tyson’s return in 2020
He told BBTV: “They reached out to me.
“I would probably like to see it, but I kinda feel like, ‘Is it a bit irresponsible to let a 53-year-old legend back in the ring?’
“He looks pretty dangerous. It’s the fascination of could he actually go in at 53 and do some damage in the division?
“Maybe, maybe not. But should we be encouraging that from someone who is an all-time-great?”
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I improve my defensive capabilities in fighting?
By learning to fight smart, you can improve the defense of your combative skills. You need to know how defense against attacks from every angle is possible, as well how to counterattack in case of emergency.
If you don’t fight well, you will not be able to handle any situation. You’ll just get beaten up. But if you do know how to fight, you’ll be ready for whatever comes at you.
Here are some suggestions to help improve your defense.
- You need to know where your opponent is coming from. This means that you need to pay close attention and observe your opponent’s body language. If he appears nervous, it could indicate that he is about to launch his next attack.
- Be calm. Don’t panic. Instead, try to remain focused and relaxed.
- Block with your arms. Blocking with your arm is a simple, but effective, way to defend yourself against attackers.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty is another way of defending yourself. You can also respond to an opponent’s kicks by kicking them back.
How can I practice boxing without a partner?
If you are looking to box with a partner but don’t want to train, you can just watch the professional boxing matches on TV. Or you can find an amateur boxing club near you. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also train boxing with punching bags. Before hitting the bag, ensure that you are wearing gloves and protective gear.
What are the 7 punches used in boxing?
The seven punches used in boxing include the jab (cross), hook, uppercut; straight right; left hook; and body shot. These punches are used to attack the opponent’s head, body, and legs.
How long does it take for boxers to train each day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They spend time learning new moves and practice their punches, as well as studying boxing techniques. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
How do you practice boxing punches?
A punching bag can be used to practice boxing punches. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Then, move to the next area. Once you feel confident with the area, move on to next.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is essential. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- A headgear is essential. It protects your head when sparring. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can buy them online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- Towels are essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.