ERROL SPENCE JR and Terence Crawford’s mega undisputed super fight has finally been CONFIRMED.
The pair of welterweight rivals have circled each other ever since Crawford jumped to the 147lb division in 2018 and won the WBO belt.
Promotional and TV network alliances kept the unbeaten Americans apart, much to the anger of boxing fans.
But after Crawford left Top Rank and ESPN as a free agent, it allowed him to begin negotiating with Spence’s Premier Boxing Champions stable.
Following months of speculation, the pound-for-pound stars have agreed to fight.
And now that lawyers have tied up some loose ends, the highly-anticipated welterweight bout is set to take place on Saturday, July 29 in Las Vegas.
The bout is nearly half a decade in the making and will finally settle who is the No1 in the division.
Crawford, 35, is a three-division champ having won belts from lightweight to welterweight.
And he has long competed with Canelo Alvarez, 32, Oleksandr Usyk, 36, and Vasiliy Lomachenko, 35, for boxing’s top spot.
Meanwhile Spence, 33, is the current unified boss, with the WBC, WBA and IBF belts to his name.
Errol Spence Jr beat Yordenis Ugas in April 16
He first won the IBF version in 2017, travelling to Sheffield and dethroning Kell Brook, 37, in 11 rounds.
Spence then took the WBC crown from Shawn Porter, 35, in a 2019 thriller but a car crash a month later left him lucky to survive.
The Texan returned in December 2020, beating Danny Garcia, 35, and then won the WBA belt from Yordenis Ugas, 36, in April.
Crawford has been out the ring since November, when he sent Porter into retirement in the tenth round of their scheduled 12.
And is now sets the scene for an almighty undisputed title decider with Spence, after the pair managed to retain all four belts.
Crawford, having began his career at lightweight, is the smaller of the two but much more versatile.
Arguably the best switch-hitter in the sport, he can box in both stance, offering all styles.
But Spence knows he holds the physical advantage and despite having 22 knockouts to Crawford’s 30, he will feel the bigger puncher.
And the 2012 Olympian will also be confident in having shared the ring with the higher calibre opponents, especially at welterweight.
The duo are a similar height and not far off in reach, meaning the best technician will come out on top.
Shawn Porter retired after losing to Terence Crawford
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you practice boxing punches.
You can practice boxing using a punching bags. You will continue to punch the bag until the technique is perfected. You can then move on to another area of your body. Once you feel confident with the area, move on to next.
How do I practice boxing alone?
You can practice boxing by watching professional matches on TV, even if your partner is not available. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also train boxing with punching bags. Before hitting the bag, ensure that you are wearing gloves and protective gear.
How can a beginner start boxing at home?
Boxing is one among the oldest sports known to mankind. Boxing was initially developed by ancient warriors to defeat enemies. Boxing can still be found all over the world. Boxing doesn’t require you to attend a gym. All you need is a pair of gloves, some punching bags, and a few friends to spar with.
You can also find local amateur boxing clubs where you can join and get trained by professional coaches. When you are proficient in basic punches and combinations you will be ready to compete at tournaments.
How long does it take to learn to box?
Boxing is the oldest known martial art. China is where the first known boxing match took place in 2200 BC. For thousands of years, boxing has been practiced. Today, boxing is still loved by celebrities and athletes. It takes around 10 months for a boxer to be proficient.
It takes so long for boxing to be learned because there are many types of movements involved. To be able to perform each movement correctly, certain muscles are required. This is why it takes time for these muscles to grow.
However, once you know how to move your entire body, you can then start any type of boxing technique. As you get more proficient at each technique, you will be able to improve your skills.
How can beginners boxers train?
Boxing is one of the oldest sports in existence, but it was only recently that boxing became popular again. Two fighters are matched up in boxing. They punch eachother until one is knocked out.
To become a boxer, you must first find out what boxing is like. You can watch some boxing matches on YouTube to feel how it feels hitting someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
What is the difference of a left-hook and a right-cross?
A left hook is thrown at the side of the body and a right crossover is thrown at the front.
A left hand hook is one that is thrown with the opponent’s right side facing. The elbow is bent 90 degrees, while the wrist is turned 45 degrees towards the opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The wrist is turned 45 degrees away from the opponent.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need a place where you can train. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- A bench is essential. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. These bags can be bought online or offline. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.