BOXING fans are in for a treat as welterweight superstars Errol Spence and Terence Crawford will face off in a huge fight this summer – and someone’s flawless record has got to go!
WBC, IBF and WBA champion Spence proved to the world once again why he is up there with the greats after delivering a brutal 10th-round TKO on Yordenis Ugas leaving him unrecognisable.
Errol Spence dismantled Yordenis Ugas
Terence Crawford’s record is incredible
And it was a win that stretched The Truth’s incredible professional record to (28-0-0) with 22 of them triumphs won via knockout.
However, Spence cannot afford to be complacent in the slightest as his opponent Crawford has held the WBO title since 2018 – boasting a record of (39-0-0) and 30 of them have been KO’s.
Furthermore, Bud has more recently been involved in competitive action when he landed a devastating over-the-top right hook to KO David Avanesyan just before the end of last year.
So after years of quarreling and months of negotiating, two of the most in-form fighters will finally get to settle their bitter feud.
Fans can find out all the information on what has been labelled the ‘fight of the century’ below.
When is Spence vs Crawford?
- The event for Errol Spence’s highly anticipated boxing match against Terrence Crawford will take place on Saturday July 29.
- Ring walk times are yet to be confirmed for the main event but the big fight is expected to get underway around 4am BST on Sunday, July 30.
- T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, is the designated venue for this huge bout and it can host approximately 20,000 supporters.
- Gervonta Davis dismantled Ryan Garcia in the last huge boxing event at that very same stadium.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- The UK coverage for Errol Spence vs Terence Crawford is yet to be announced.
- However, Showtime PPV have earned the streaming rights for this highly-anticipated encounter in the US.
- Alternatively SunSport will have round-by-round action of the entire event.
What is the undercard?
The full undercard will be unveiled as we start to approach the mouthwatering fight night.
MAIN EVENT: Errol Spence Jr vs Terence Crawford – for WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO welterweight titles
What has been said?
Spence laid down the gauntlet against his fellow American with his announcement for the fight on Instagram.
He said: “Finally giving the fans what they want
“This one a throwback fight on paper but it could be a one sided ass whooping one of the biggest fight of the century!”
Crawford’s own announcement was more low-key, but just as potent.
He declared: “Time to reel in the big fish
. No more talking @errolspencejr
Let’s get it
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight should I lift to be a successful shopper?
For strength improvement, weight lifting is an essential part of your fitness routine. However, there are certain guidelines you should keep in mind when lifting weights. Do not push yourself too hard. Try to lift heavier weights every day. Third, complete each exercise 8 times. Fourth, between sets, take 2 minutes to rest. Fifth, all exercises should be performed without momentum. And lastly, put more emphasis on form than speed.
What can I do to improve my punching?
Boxing is all about good punch form. A good punch technique is essential if you are to become a better fighter. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head up. When you are throwing punches, your head should be raised.
- Punch from your shoulder. Try to punch from the shoulder, not the chin when you throw a punch.
- Pay attention to your feet. Focus on your feet when punching.
- Use short punches that are quick. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Remember to stop incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Learn to use your legs. If you learn to use your legs properly, they can help you avoid getting knocked down.
- Always practice. Keep training even if it makes you tired. It takes practice and dedication to excel at any skill.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Keep your lungs open. Correct breathing will help you feel stronger and more energetic.
- Relax. Don’t worry so much about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. It takes time for you to get better at boxing.
- Never stop learning. As long there is still room for improvement, there will continue to be improvement.
- Listen to music. You can relax and focus during training by listening to music.
- Watch videos of professional boxers. Watching them fight can inspire you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading can help you understand boxing techniques better.
- Take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for building strength and endurance.
What are the 7 punches in boxing?
The seven punches used in boxing include the jab (cross), hook, uppercut; straight right; left hook; and body shot. These punches are used to attack the opponent’s head, body, and legs.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
The following are reasons why you should learn how to box.
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It can improve your health. Boxing builds muscle mass. Muscle mass makes you stronger.
- It teaches you self defense skills. If you know how to fight, then you will be able to protect your self.
- It helps you develop your mental toughness. It is crucial to have mental toughness when faced with challenges.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! It’s fun!
- It’s cheap. All you need is a pair of boxing gloves and a punching bag.
- It doesn’t require much space
How can a beginner learn to box at home?
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was originally developed during ancient times to train warriors to fight against enemies. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. Boxing doesn’t require you to attend a gym. All you need is a pair of gloves, some punching bags, and a few friends to spar with.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. You’ll be ready for tournaments once you have mastered basic combinations and punches.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to learn how to box for fitness
How to Learn to Box For Exercise
Learning boxing will help you improve your self-confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is one of the most popular sports in the world. It requires speed, agility and strength.
Boxing is an excellent way to lose weight and feel great about yourself. You will find that the activity is enjoyable and you want to continue doing it.
There are many kinds of boxing programs. You can choose to train in a gym or at home. Others require that you go to a health club. Online courses are available that you can access anywhere in the world.
It is important to find a program that suits your needs and your lifestyle. The best programs will include exercises that help build muscle mass and flexibility, improve cardiovascular endurance, enhance well-being, as well as increase overall wellbeing.
Also, consider whether you prefer an advanced or beginner course. Basic techniques and drills are taught in beginner’s programs. These include shadowboxing and sparring, mittwork, and punching combinations. Advanced programs offer more variety and more complex movements.
Programs for beginners usually last eight weeks and cost less that $100. They don’t offer any advice on nutrition, weight loss or injury prevention.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. They may include nutritional advice, stretching, warm-up exercises and instruction on proper technique. In addition, some programs incorporate resistance training (such as lifting weights) and aerobic conditioning (such as running).