CHRIS EUBANK JR maintained his guarantee to RETIRE if he loses to Conor Benn.
The pair of born rivals came face-to-face once more on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, flanked by security as they entered.
Conor Benn and Chris Eubank Jr on Good Morning Britain
It comes just over a week until they meet in a sensational catchweight clash, almost 30 years after their dads’ famous rematch.
With Benn coming up almost two weight classes, mixed in with the family pride, Eubank Jr insisted losing would bring huge consequences.
As part of an icy exchange, he said: “There’s a huge amount of pressure on me for this fight, absolutely.
“I’ve said it before – and this is the first time I’ve ever said it throughout my entire career – if I lose this fight, I retire.
“And I love fighting, I love the sport, I love being a boxer, I don’t want it to end.”
He added: “Losing to a Conor Benn at this stage in my career, it means I’m not the fighter I thought I was or that I think that I am.
“I want to challenge for world titles within the next six-12 months, I can’t do that with a loss to Conor Benn.
“My father retired at 32, I’m 33-years-old. So, this is an extremely important fight.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“And there’s a lot of pressure on me to not only win but to uphold the name. The family legacy that we have created.
“Right now, the Eubank name is in front of the Benn name in the history books. And I’m going to keep it that way.”
Eubank beat Benn in their 1990 thriller before they drew in the rematch three years later.
Now, their sons extend the family feud after agreeing to meet at 157lb.
It means Benn, 26, coming up 10lb from the 147lb welterweight limit of 10st 7lb.
Eubank Jr vs Benn: Ring walk time, live stream, TV channel and undercard info for London super-fight
Whereas Eubank Jr, 33, drops to a career-lowest, having previously fought at 160lb in the middleweight division and even 168lb at super-middle.
The former world title challenger was willing to give up 3lb and agreed to a rehydration clause which limits what he weighs the next day.
But unbeaten Benn claimed that was all Eubank Jr was willing to concede in negotiations.
He said: “The fight wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t ‘Eubank -Benn’ or you ringwalking second.
“But the reality is, no one cares. My ego ain’t that big about my name being first in the history books or whoever ringwalks second.
“I couldn’t care less to be honest with you.”
Chris Eubank Jr and Conor Benn ahead of their fight
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I practice boxing alone?
If you’re looking for a partner to practice boxing, you can watch boxing matches on television. You can also find an amateur boxing gym near you. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically involve sparring partners, who often hit pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
How many punches can a human take?
A punch is “a blow delivered by a fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. When someone hits you in the face, he/she is punching you. You can’t hit him/her in the back. This would be two punches.
How much weight should I lift when working out?
You must lift weights if your goal is to increase strength. Lifting weights should be done with care. You should not overdo it. Second, try to lift heavier weights every other day. Third, perform each exercise for 8 repetitions. Fourth, you should rest for two minutes between sets. Fifth, do all exercises without momentum. The last tip is to focus on form over speed.
How long does it take you to learn boxing
Boxing takes approximately 3 months to learn. This includes learning the basics, such as footwork, stance, and balance. It is important to remember that boxing does not just involve throwing punches. It’s important to be able to block and dodge punches.
How long does it take for boxers to train each day?
Boxing trainers typically train for at least four hours per day. They learn new moves and practice their punches. Boxers often spar up to 10 times a week.
Do you have the ability to train yourself to box?
Yes, it is possible to learn how to box. Just find a local boxing studio and sign up for a class. You can find free classes at most gyms, or you can search for nearby boxing clubs via Google.
Also, you will need equipment such as gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, sparring partners, and headgear. Once you have all the equipment, you can start practicing your kicks and punches.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You will need somewhere to train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- You will need at least one punching bag. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You will need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can purchase it online or in stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be ordered online or at local shops. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is necessary. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.