JAKE PAUL has hit out after John Fury deleted videos demanding a winner-take-all bet be honoured.
The drama started just days before John’s son Tommy was due to fight Paul in Saudi Arabia.
Jake Paul hit out at after John Fury deleted videos demanding a winner-take-all bet be honoured
John Fury addressed the wager in a now-deleted video
A double-or-nothing bet was proposed and a contract was even drafted up to make the wager official.
But Paul, 26, later said Tommy, 23, refused to put pen to paper on the bet for the fight the American later lost via split-decision.
Tommy and his dad John both spoke out to ask the YouTuber-turned boxer to honour the deal, believing they had a handshake agreement.
But John was forced to delete social media videos after Paul and his manager pointed out that they refused to officially sign on the bet.
Speaking on his brother Logan’s podcast, Paul said: “Everyone sees through it and is calling them out on it, so much so that John Fury deleted the tweets.”
Footage on the night also showed John being confronted over the bet – with Tommy’s dad refusing to acknowledge it.
Logan said: “John Fury was watching you [Jake] getting your hands wrapped and Brandon [cameraman] was f****** antagonising him and he goes ‘Hey, about that contract, about the purse, why didn’t you guys sign it? Why didn’t you guys return it?
“And John Fury just cowers into a little ball and goes, ‘Let’s talk about boxing, mate. We’ll focus on boxing now.’
“And I’m just in the background like stunned because I’ve just seen this dude, in real time, show his hand. They weren’t willing to actually sign the contract.
“And then, after the fight when they won, now they’re talking about being gypsies, how they can’t read and write, and expect you to pay up on something that they 1000 per cent wouldn’t have if you had won the fight.”
John claimed that a handshake between his son, himself and Paul was enough to have the bet honoured after the fight.
He said: “Jake Paul, moment of truth, again I say it.
“You lost the fight, we had a deal in front of millions of people worldwide, I expect you to honour that deal. You owe us some money.
“Don’t come back to us with contracts and all that bullc***. I’m a gypsy, I can’t read and write properly and I don’t understand that.
“We were over to do a job, we did it and I’m sure you’ll be a great guy and honour what you’ve done.”
Jake Paul was beaten on points by Tommy Fury
Frequently Asked Questions
How to throw the jab
This guide will show you how to throw a jab.
- Take your step forward with both of your feet.
- Lift your arm up above your shoulder.
- Place your fist on the target.
- After hitting your target, swing your arm backwards.
- Steps 1 through 4 can be repeated.
What are the benefits to learning how to box?
If you want to learn how to box, then you should consider the following reasons:
- It builds confidence. You will be able to confront bullies and other bullies by learning to box.
- It improves your health. Boxing builds muscle mass. Muscle mass will make you stronger.
- It teaches you self-defense skills. If you know how to fight, then you will be able to protect your self.
- It helps you develop your mental toughness. You need mental toughness to face difficult situations.
- You will feel proud of yourself. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! There’s nothing better than getting punched in the stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need to do is get a pair or boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t need much space
Can you train yourself to box?
You can box if you want. Find a local boxing gym and sign up for a class. You will find most gyms offering free classes. However, if there isn’t one near you, you can always search Google for local boxes clubs.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you’ve got all of that, you can begin practicing your punches and kicks.
How many punches can a human take?
A punch is defined as “a blow delivered from a fist”. A punch can only be taken once per person. You are punching someone in the face if they hit you. You cannot hit him/her back. That would be two punches.
What are some of the benefits of boxing
Boxing has many health benefits. Boxing builds strong bones and muscles. Boxing improves coordination and reflexes. It also strengthens your heart and lungs. Boxing does not require special equipment. You can use any item you have at home.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- Headgear is necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. You can purchase it online or in stores. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the right pair for you.
- Rings are essential. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- Towels are essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.