PAIGE VANZANT is set to return to the bare-knuckle boxing ring early next year.
The former UFC star hasn’t fought since losing her showdown with fellow ex-MMA fighter Rachel Ostovich last July.
Paige VanZant hasn’t set foot inside the BKFC ring in over 16 months
But the former UFC star is set to return to action early next year
VanZant will be back in action at BKFC KnuckleMania 3 on February 27
VanZant has used her time on the sidelines to grow her subscription-based website
But the fighter and model will be back in action at BKFC’s third KnuckleMania event on February 27.
BKFC president Dave Feldman told Curran Bhatia: “She’ll fight on February 27 on our KnuckleMania 3 card and that will take place in New Mexico.
“We’ve got some sensational bouts for that card. It will be our biggest event, by far, and the most talked about, I believe.
“We have some really, really big names that are going to be on the top three of that card.”
VanZant, 28, has yet to taste victory since inking a lucrative multi-fight deal with BKFC in the summer of 2020.
The American Top Team ace has suffered consecutive defeats to Britain Hart and Ostovich in her two outings in the promotion, both of which she lost via decision.
And BKFC chief Feldman recently admitted PVZ’s next fight is a must-win if she’s to continue competing in the promotion.
He told GiveMeSport: “If Paige loses, her bare-knuckle career is definitely at an end.
PLAY DREAM TEAM NOW FOR FREE WITH £100k IN PRIZE MONEY
“I mean, she did an interview and said there was no pressure on this fight.
“So, you know, if she feels there’s no pressure, then maybe, you know, maybe she’s very confident.
“But, you know, I can’t keep saying after every fight, we’ll see how she does.
“And that’s why if she doesn’t do well in this fight, If she doesn’t come out victorious, or at least look very, very good, then she’s probably at the end of her bare-knuckle career.”
Paige VanZant has yet to taste victory inside the BKFC ring
PVZ’s back is up against the wall following her back-to-back defeats
Ex-UFC straw and flyweight VanZant was due to be back in action at BKFC’s debut event in London in August.
But her clash with Charisa Sigala was called off at the eleventh hour – much to her annoyance.
She said: “I did not pull [out] from my fight!!!! I was pulled!
“I am pissed off and heartbroken.
“I worked my f***ing ass off to be pulled a week before I am supposed to compete.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 7 punches in boxing?
The seven punches used in boxing include the jab (cross), hook, uppercut; straight right; left hook; and body shot. These punches attack the opponent’s head or body.
How does a beginner box at home?
Boxing is one among the oldest sports known to mankind. Boxing was originally developed during ancient times to train warriors to fight against enemies. Today, boxing is widely practiced all over the world. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. A pair of gloves, punching bags and a few sparring buddies are all you need.
There are many local amateur boxing groups that you can join to train with professionals. After mastering basic punches, combinations, and other skills, you can compete in tournaments.
Are you able to learn how to box?
Yes, it is possible to learn how to box. You just need to find a boxing gym near you and join a class. You can find free classes at most gyms, or you can search for nearby boxing clubs via Google.
You’ll also need some equipment like gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, and sparring partners. Once you have all the equipment, you can start practicing your kicks and punches.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing is all about good punch form. If you want to be a better boxer, you must master punch technique. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head elevated. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from the shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Keep your eyes on your feet. Avoid moving your feet while you punch.
- Send short, sharp punches. Your body will be tired faster if you are throwing longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Remember to stop incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. Elbows are an effective way to defend yourself.
- Use your legs. Properly using your legs will help you avoid being knocked down.
- Practice every day. Even though you may feel tired after training, keep going. It takes practice and dedication to excel at any skill.
- Have fun Have fun doing what you do.
- Keep your lungs open. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t worry so much about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing isn’t easy. It takes time to master your skills.
- Never stop learning. There is always room for improvement.
- Music is a great way to relax. Music can help you relax and concentrate during training.
- Check out these videos featuring professional boxers. You may be inspired to work harder by watching them compete.
- Read books. Reading is a great way to learn about boxing.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes, you need to take a break. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Look for a coach. A coach who is an expert in boxing can help you get better faster.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups help build strength and endurance.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Many people are curious about how to start a boxing business. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. The importance of having quality equipment is something that many people forget. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need to have somewhere you can train. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- A punching bag is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You will need a bench. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. Be sure to select the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- You will need a headgear. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You need a mouthpiece. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.