BOXING fans slammed WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman after he praised Jake Paul and branded his critics “bitter” and “haters”.
Paul defeated UFC legend Anderson Silva via unanimous decision on Saturday in the biggest victory of his young boxing career.
Jake Paul defeated UFC legend Anderson Silva and was praised by the WBC president
Fans slammed WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman for praising Jake Paul
Sulaiman took to Twitter where he congratulated the 25-year-old American for a “sensational” and “entertaining” victory over Silva.
The WBC president dubbed the YouTuber a “legit fighter” and lambasted anyone who doubts his talent.
Sulaiman tweeted: “After last night whoever says @jakepaul is not a legit fighter is simply bitter and a hater.
“Congratulations on a sensational & entertaining win and great show of sportsmanship #fairplay.”
But fans quickly responded by accurately pointing out that Paul has yet to beat an actual boxer.
The Problem Child has won all of his six fights so far against YouTuber AnEsonGib, ex-basketball player Nate Robinson and retired MMA fighters Ben Askren, Silva and Tyron Woodley, whom he beat twice.
One fan tweeted: “Lol. Sulaiman trying to get in on it. Paul has no wins against an actual boxer.”
Another posted: “Can’t say that yet. He fights MMA fighters, not boxers.”
A third wrote: “Agreed!! He beats Tyson Fury every day of the week.”
This fan commented: “He’s not a boxer because he doesn’t fight boxers it’s simple really.”
Another tweeted: “Still never fought a pro boxer lol. Only YouTubers and retired non boxing athletes.”
The closest Paul has ever come to facing an actual boxer was Tommy Fury.
Their fight was scheduled for December but Fury pulled out after suffering a broken rib and chest infection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you able to learn how to box?
You can box if you want. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. Most gyms offer free classes, but if you don’t see one nearby, you can always look up local boxing clubs on Google.
Also, you will need equipment such as gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, sparring partners, and headgear. Once you have the necessary equipment, you are ready to practice your punches or kicks.
How can a beginner start boxing at home?
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was first developed to train warriors against their enemies in ancient times. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. To box, all you need are a pair gloves and punching bags.
Local amateur boxing clubs are also available where you can train with professional coaches. You’ll be ready for tournaments once you have mastered basic combinations and punches.
How can I practice boxing without a partner?
So, if you want to practice boxing without a partner, you can simply watch professional boxing matches on TV. A local amateur boxing association is also available. Amateur boxing clubs hold regular training sessions. These sessions are often attended by sparring partners who share the same pads.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
How do beginners train to become boxers?
Boxing is one among the oldest sports. However, boxing has become very popular in recent years. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
To become a boxer, you must first find out what boxing is like. Check out some YouTube fights to get a feel for what it is like to hit someone. After you have decided if you are interested in boxing, you can choose the style of fighting that you like.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. It protects your head when sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.