TEOFIMO LOPEZ was slammed after boasting about being able to “kill a guy and get away with it” in the ring.
The former unified lightweight champion made the vile remarks in an interview with YouTube channel Punsh Drunk Boxing.
Teofimo Lopez boasted about being able to ‘kill a guy and get away with it’ in the ring
Lopez, 25, said: “One thing I love about my sport, I can kill a guy and get away with it, so it’s cool.”
His dad, Teofimo Sr, replied: “You gotta edit that one.”
But Lopez said: “You can’t edit that.”
The sick brag went viral online and saw the boxing star criticised by fans.
One said: “Horrible guy. His career has plummeted and he doesn’t help himself.”
Another added: “What a f*****g idiot.”
Lopez also hit out at retired boxers-turned ESPN pundits Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley in a furious rant.
He said: “Commentators are the ones that convince everybody if someone else is winning.
“Watch the [George] Kambosos fight without the commentators, watch my last fight without the commentators and you will see the results…
“At the fighter meeting, I dissed Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley in front of ESPN’s production and all of them, for all their affiliation and corruption that they do.
“And what happened? I put more weight on my back. And when I slipped with the first knockdown they called, what did Bradley say right away? ‘He’s hurt, he’s hurt.’
“So I don’t sugar-coat shit. All these mother f****s ride and suck d***. Sorry fot my laguage but that is the problem.
“And just to put it more on this fight, this is my last fight on ESPN. This is why this fight means everything.”
Lopez beat Sandor Martin in his last fight but was knocked down and emerged with a controversial points win.
And he returns on June 10 in New York against Scottish champion Josh Taylor, 30, who defends his WBO title.
Josh Taylor faces Teofimo Lopez on June 10
Frequently Asked Questions
How to throw the jab
Follow this step-by-step guide to throw a jab.
- Take your step forward with both of your feet.
- Move your arm to the top of your shoulder.
- Keep your fist in front of your target.
- After hitting your target, swing your arm backwards.
- Continue with steps 1 through 4.
What is Boxing and how does it work?
Boxing involves two people trying to knock each others out with punches in the face and head. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. Both boxers need to be able throw punches at high speeds in order to achieve this. They must also have good hand-eye coordination.
How do beginners train to become boxers?
Boxing is one of the oldest sports in existence, but it was only recently that boxing became popular again. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each other until one of them falls.
The first step towards becoming a boxer is to find out if you like boxing. You can view some fights on YouTube to experience what it’s like to punch someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
How long does it take for a professional boxer to become one?
It takes years of hard work and dedication to become a professional boxer. You will need to train at least 10 hours per semaine if you want to be a professional boxer.
How can you box punches properly?
A punching bag can be used to practice boxing punches. The bag is used to practice boxing punches until you feel confident. Next, move on to the next section of your body. Once you feel at ease with one area you will move on.
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
A left hook is thrown with the back of the hand facing the opponent’s face. The elbow is bent 90 degrees and the wrist is turned 45 degrees toward the opponent.
A right cross is when the opponent’s palm faces the opponent and the elbow straightens. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
Where can I buy boxing gear?
There are many online places where you can purchase boxing equipment. Amazon, eBay. Walmart. Target. and Sports Authority are just a few of the many places you can buy boxing equipment online. Ross and TJ Maxx are great places to find cheap boxing gear.
You might consider purchasing quality gear from respected brands such as Warrior, Golden Glove and Premier Boxing Champions if you are looking for high-quality boxing gear.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need a place where you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- A bench is essential. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- Headgear is necessary. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. They should be soft and absorbent.