FLOYD MAYWEATHER boasted of still having all his faculties intact as he prepares for another exhibition fight.
The boxing legend at aged 46 is back in action, this time against John Gotti III, grandson to one of America’s most notorious crime bosses.
John Gotti III and Floyd Mayweather ahead of their exhibition
It will be Mayweather’s SEVENTH exhibition since officially retiring in 2017 after beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor, 34.
And the unbeaten Hall of Famer – who was never floored in his career – is reaping the rewards of his defensive style all these years later.
Mayweather said: “With an event like this, it’s truly amazing to still have all my faculties.
“The aim of the game is to hit and not get hit, that’s why I was able to be in the sport of boxing as a professional for 27 years.”
Mayweather has faced stars of the MMA, social media and celebrity boxing world since boxing in exhibition bouts.
His last came in February against reality TV favourite-turned fighter Aaron Chalmers, 36, at a near-empty O2 Arena in London.
And Gotti III – whose grandfather John Gotti ran the Gambino crime family in the late 80s and 90s – will be the next to face Mayweather.
The 30-year-old is a 5-1 MMA fighter and 2-0 boxer who brings an army of fans from New York to Florida.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
But Mayweather said: “Remember, I’ve fought all around the world, every country I’ve fought in.
“Remember this, when we get in the ring it’s up to the two fighters. It has nothing to do with crowd.
“They can scream, they can holla, they can shout. This is what I do at the end of the day.
“I don’t have to brag, I don’t have to boast, I don’t have to tell you what I can do, the world knows what I can do.
“So he has to show the world what he can do.”
Floyd Mayweather and John Gotti III
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I practice boxing without a partner?
If you’re looking for a partner to practice boxing, you can watch boxing matches on television. You could also look for an amateur boxing club in your area. Amateur boxing clubs often hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically involve sparring partners, who often hit pads together.
You can also train boxing with punching bags. Before hitting the bag you should make sure you are wearing protective gear, such as gloves.
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was developed in ancient times to train warriors for fighting against foes. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. You only need a pair of gloves and some punching bags.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. When you are proficient in basic punches and combinations you will be ready to compete at tournaments.
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing is among the oldest forms of martial art known to man. Boxing is also one of most difficult sports to learn. You can’t just punch someone across the face and make him go away. You must know how to defend yourself from punches and kicks.
Find a local boxing gym. Once you’ve found a good place to train, you’ll need to get some gloves and headgear. The gloves protect your hands, while the headgear protects you. Shorts and a Tshirt are also required.
Once you have all your equipment, you need to heat up. Start slow and build up speed. Start sparring with another boxer when you feel confident. Don’t worry if you miss. Just try again until you nail it.
What is the average time it takes to become a professional fighter?
Professional boxing requires years of dedication and hard work. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You need a place where you can train. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You will need a headgear. It protects your head when sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Find the right pair for you.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the right pair for you.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used in real fight simulations. You can buy them online or offline. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- You will need to have a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.