FLOYD MAYWEATHER has been offered a shock fight against Nate Diaz in Japan with a promoter planning to hold talks.
Mayweather has boxed in two exhibitions in the Far East with MMA promotion RIZIN.
Floyd Mayweather has been offered a shock fight against Nate Diaz
Nate Diaz has left the UFC
Meanwhile, Diaz, younger brother to Nick, is now a free agent after leaving the UFC following the final bout on his UFC deal.
Mayweather has confirmed he will fight in Japan again and RIZIN CEO Noboyuki Sakakibara is ready to branch out for his next opponent.
Sakakibara told MMA Mania: “We had Nick fight in PRIDE before and we’ve known them from way back.
“So, if we were to do something with Floyd again, we always have to talk about an opponent.
“We do think we’re at a point where we can’t just only focus on the Japanese market anymore.
“We have to target the international audience. So, with that said, Floyd’s opponent doesn’t have to be a Japanese fighter anymore.
“It’s just one possibility thinking about the future. Not only Floyd’s opponent, but Nate Diaz as an individual has a great amount of character, fight style, and a great following internationally.
“So, as an individual, he would definitely be somebody we’d be interested to be talking to.”
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Mayweather, 45, officially retired in 2017 after beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor, 34.
But he has boxed in four exhibitions since, most recently against MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura, 30, which he won in two rounds in September.
That followed after facing featherweight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, 24, YouTuber Logan Paul, 27, and ex-sparring partner Don Moore.
Mayweather is set to return next on November 13 in Dubai against social media personality Deji, 25.
And Diaz, 37, has hinted at a boxing switch having walked out on the UFC following victory over Tony Ferguson, 38, in September.
Sakakibara added: “It’s always nice to show the Mayweather exhibition challenges and whatever we can do to exceed people’s expectations, that’s the goal in terms of announcing a fight.
“Whatever gathers attention, surprises people, is what we want to shoot for.
“With that said, it would be interesting to start talking to Nate and bring up the idea to Floyd.
“Nate Diaz might even have a chance of beating Floyd, you know?
“And for us to promote that ‘what if’ factor is definitely something that we need to promote for these exhibitions against Floyd.
Making the people think maybe, that “if” factor, Nate Diaz can bring all of that, so, we do think it’s a great idea.”
Nate Diaz pictured with Floyd Mayweather in 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I learn how to defend myself against boxing?
Boxing has been around since the dawn of time. Boxing is also considered to be one of the hardest sports to play. You cannot just punch someone in his face and then knock him out. You have to be able to defend yourself against kicks and punches.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect the hands while headgear protects the head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
Once you’ve got all your equipment, you’ll need to warm up properly. Begin slowly, then gradually increase your speed. Once you feel comfortable, go for it and spar with another boxer. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. Don’t worry if you miss. Just keep trying until it works.
How can I improve my punching form?
The most important part of boxing is the punching technique. A good punch technique is essential if you are to become a better fighter. These tips will help improve your punching skills.
- Keep your head high. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from the shoulder. Try to punch from the shoulder, not the chin when you throw a punch.
- Focus on your feet. Try not to move your feet when you’re punching.
- Use short punches that are quick. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Remember to stop incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. To defend yourself, your elbows are a good option.
- Use your legs. You can avoid being knocked to the ground if you learn how to properly use your legs.
- Always practice. You will feel tired when you finish training. Keep going. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Remember to breathe. Correct breathing will help you feel stronger and more energetic.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing is hard. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop improving. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Enjoy music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- Watch videos of professional boxers. You can be inspired by watching them fight.
- Read books. Reading can help you understand boxing techniques better.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes, you need to take a break. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for building strength and endurance.
What is Boxing, exactly?
Boxing is a sport that involves two people who try to knock each other out by hitting them in the head and face. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. To achieve this, both boxers should be able to throw punches with high velocity. They must also be able to coordinate their hand-eye movements.
What is the difference in a left and right hook?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
The opponent is facing the back of the left hook. The elbow is bent 90° and the wrist is turned 45° toward the opponent.
A right cross is thrown with the palm facing the opponent’s face and the elbow straight. The opponent is 45 degrees from your wrist.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Sneakers : Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You can’t start if you don’t have the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You need a place where you can train. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You will need at least one punching bag. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is essential. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. Be sure to buy quality products that last.
- You will need a headgear. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.