FLOYD MAYWEATHER revealed talks to rematch Conor McGregor at the 70,000-seat Allegiant Stadium and demands a nine-figure purse.
Mayweather beat the UFC superstar in 2017, his farewell fight as a professional.
Floyd Mayweather revealed talks to rematch Conor McGregor at the 70,000-seat Allegiant Stadium
The Las Vegas Raiders’ NFL stadium
But he has boxed in three exhibition bouts since and returns over the weekend in Japan against MMA star Mikuru Asakura, 30.
Mayweather, 45, is then in talks with YouTuber Deji, 25, for a November exhibition in Dubai.
And it could set him up for a rematch with McGregor, where he would be willing to put his 50-0 record on the line – for a guaranteed $100m (£90m).
Mayweather told TMZ Sports: “If the price is right. Of course, they already talked to me about the number that I’m going to receive.
“Of course, it’s nine-figures and probably – I don’t want to say huge in the nine-figures – but we have to at least start at $100million for Floyd Mayweather.”
Mayweather claimed talks to fight at Las Vegas Raiders’ NFL stadium had already taken place, as McGregor, 34, recovers from injury.
He said: “They talked about it being in Vegas, at the Allegiant Stadium.
“They talked about it being at the Allegiant Stadium. But if I’m not mistaken, Conor still has a problems with his leg.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen in 2023, not 2022.
“So this year I got an exhibition this Saturday, which will be in the US and once again it’s Sunday in Japan.
“Then after that in November I’ve got another exhibition in Dubai at the Coca-Cola Arena.
“And then hopefully me and Conor McGregor can lock up again in 2023, in a real fight actually.”
Floyd Mayweather ahead of his return in Japan
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches does a human take to get through a round?
A punch can be defined as “a blow delivered with a fist”. One punch is all that a human can take. If someone punches you in the face you are being punched. You cannot hit him/her back. This would be two punches.
Can I train boxing without fighting?
Boxing can only be learned if you are willing to fight. It takes hard work to improve your boxing technique. But if you do, you’ll find that you can improve your boxing technique, speed, endurance, strength, and stamina.
Watching good boxers fight is the first step to improving your boxing technique. It is important to observe their movements, their defenses, and how well they use punches. Next, try to copy their moves.
Next, you will need to spar against another fighter. You’ll be able to see how you’ve improved your fighting technique. It’s important to observe how fast you can punch, the strength of your punches and how well you block any incoming punches while sparring.
Finally, you’ll need to practice your boxing skills by doing drills. You will improve with practice so be patient and persevering.
How do beginners train to become boxers?
Boxing is one, if not the oldest, sport in existence. But boxing only recently became more popular. Two fighters fight each other in boxing. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
Find out if you are interested in boxing before you start thinking about becoming a boxer. You can view some fights on YouTube to experience what it’s like to punch someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
Where can I find boxing equipment?
There are many websites that sell boxing equipment. There are many online stores that sell boxing equipment, including Amazon, eBay Walmart, Target and Sports Authority. If you’re looking for cheap boxing gear, then you might want to check out discount stores like Ross or TJ Maxx.
Warrior, Golden Glove, or Premier Boxing Champions are all good options if quality is your goal.
What are the various types of boxing gloves available?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. There is padding around the fingers of mitten gloves. Fingerless mitts, which do not provide padding around the fingers but cover them, have no padding at the knuckles. Full-fingered gloves have padding throughout the entire hand.
For punching with the fist, mittens can be used. Fingerless mitt glove are for striking the index finger with the knuckle. Boxing gloves with full-fingering are designed for punching with your entire fist.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
So, if you want to practice boxing without a partner, you can simply watch professional boxing matches on TV. You might also be able to find an amateur club nearby. Regular training sessions are a common feature of amateur boxing clubs. These sessions typically include sparring partners that hit pads together.
You can also train boxing with punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some tips for setting up a boxing school in your home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- A mat is necessary. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You need a bench. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You will need a headgear. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. You can purchase them online or in-store. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online or in-store. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You need a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.