FLOYD MAYWEATHER has named Aaron Chalmers as the shock opponent for his next boxing exhibition.
The American legend is set to make his UK fight debut on February 25 at the O2 Arena.
It will be Mayweather’s sixth exhibition bout since officially retiring in 2017, after beating UFC star Conor McGregor, 34.
For Chalmers, 35, it is only his second bout in the ring having switched codes from MMA last year.
With British fans braced to welcome Mayweather across the pond, here SunSport breaks down the bout.
Mayweather beat a who’s who in his 50-0 unbeaten career, defeating the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Canelo Alvarez and Manny Pacquiao.
And he closed his glittering career with one last money grab in a crossover extravaganza against McGregor.
But it proved not to be the last time fans would see Mayweather pick up quick and easy cash in the ring.
He returned in 2018 to knock out featherweight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, 24, in the first round of their exhibition.
In the years to follow, he faced YouTuber Logan Paul, 27, ex-sparring partner Don Moore and MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura, 30.
And his most recent cameo was in November, stopping social media sensation Deji, 25, brother to the famous KSI, 29.
Mayweather first announced that he would fight in London against Muay Thai veteran Liam Harrison, 37.
But Harrison was forced to deny he had signed just hours later and withdrew amid a series of injuries.
So Chalmers got the shock replacement call and within a couple of days, a deal was agreed.
The reality TV favourite shot to fame in MTV’s hit series Geordie Shore.
But in 2017, he turned to professional MMA and went on to amass a 5-2 record with five stoppages.
After seven bouts, Chalmers crossed over to boxing and last June made a successful debut over four rounds against Alexander Zeledon.
But he faces possibly the greatest test in boxing history by agreeing to fight Mayweather, even if the icon turns 46 by the time of the bout.
In terms of record, obviously the two do not compare.
But physically, at 6ft, Chalmers has height and length over 5ft 8in Mayweather, who has a reach of 72 inches.
He also takes a slight weight advantage over Mayweather, who weighed 11st dead for his exhibition with Deji.
Chalmers was 11st 5lb for his boxing debut, although it is not clear what weight he can be next month.
In terms of power, the Newcastle supporter had two KOs in the cage, compared to Mayweather’s 27 in the ring.
It remains to be seen how the fight will play out, but Mayweather warned: “Different face, different name, same results.
“London we are still rocking and rolling on Feb. 25th at the O2 Arena. Tickets will be on sale soon. Stay tuned!!
“This will be my first time showcasing my talent live on Feb. 25th. I want the whole UK at the O2 Arena.”
Aaron Chalmers is 1-0 as a boxer
Floyd Mayweather beat YouTuber Deji in his last exhibition
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to fight in order to train boxing?
Training boxing requires fighting. It takes hard work to improve your boxing technique. You will be able to improve your boxing technique and endurance.
You can improve your boxing technique by watching good boxers compete. You should observe how they move, throw punches and defend themselves. You can then try to imitate them.
Next, you’ll need to spar against another boxer. Here you can see if you have improved your boxing technique. When you spar, you’ll also notice how fast you can punch, how strong your punches feel, and how well you block incoming punches.
Finally, you’ll need to practice your boxing skills by doing drills. Practice makes perfect, so be patient and persistent.
What are some ways I can improve my combat defense?
Learning how to fight intelligently can help you improve your defense. You must know how to defend against attacks from all angles, and you must also know how to counterattack if necessary.
If you don’t know how to fight, then you won’t be prepared for anything. You’ll just get beaten up. You’ll just get beat up if you know how fight.
These are some tips that will help you improve your defense.
- Know the origin of your opponent’s attack. This means you must pay close attention to the body language of your opponent. You should pay attention to his body language. If he seems nervous, that could be an indication of his next attack.
- Keep your cool. Don’t panic. Instead, be calm and focussed.
- Block with your arms. Blocking with your arms is a simple but effective way to defend yourself against attacks.
- Counterattack. If you see your opponent attacking you, then you need to counterattack immediately.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty can be a way to defend yourself. You can kick your opponent back if he throws a kick at it.
What are some of the benefits of boxing
Boxing offers many health benefits. Boxing is good for building strong bones and muscles. It enhances your coordination as well as reflexes. It can also help strengthen your heart muscle and lungs. The best thing about boxing is that it doesn’t require any special equipment. You can use anything you have lying around the house.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoes : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many factors that can affect the cost of starting your business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- A mat is necessary. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You need a headgear. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. You can purchase it online or in stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.