FLOYD MAYWEATHER makes his return to the ring this weekend in another money-spinning bout against Japanese MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura.
The 50-0 retired boxer hasn’t been in the ring since a clash with sparring partner Don Moore in May.
Floyd Mayweather will face Mikuru Asakura at the Super Saitama Arena
Floyd Mayweather is undefeated as a professional boxer and has a 50-0 record
Mayweather also fought Logan Paul in a bout which earned him millions of dollars last summer.
His clash against Asakura will be his first against an MMA fighter since his win over Tenshin Nasukawa in 2018.
Mayweather has also been rumoured to be in negotiations with KSI’s brother Deji for another exhibition later this year.
But first he must get through 28-year-old Rizin star Asakura.
When is Mayweather vs Asakura?
- Mayweather’s clash against Asakura will take place on Sunday, September 25.
- The fight will be held at the Super Saitama Arena in Saitama, Japan.
- The arena is set to welcome 37,000 fans for the mega event.
- The ring-walks will begin at 4am UK time on Sunday, September 25.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Mayweather vs Asakura will be shown live on Fite TV PPV in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the Fite TV app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- It costs £19.99 to watch the event in the UK.
Mayweather vs Asakura full card
Mayweather has partnered up with Japanese MMA promotion RIZIN once again for his next exhibition bout.
Super RIZIN card
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Mikuru Asakura – Boxing Exhibition Bout
- Nadaka Yoshinari vs. Bandasak So Trakunpet – Kickboxing Bout
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Yuto Hokamura
- Hiromasa Ogikubo vs. Soo Chul Kim
- Kyohei Hagiwara vs. Chihiro Suzuki
- Juri Ohara vs. Luiz Gustavo
- Shoma Shibisai vs. Cally Gibrainn de Oliveira
What has been said?
Mayweather said: “My legacy is already engraved in stone.
“But it’s still great just to go around the world and entertain people from all walks of life.
“I’m pretty sure he’s gonna come out and give his best, like any and every guy, but I’ve seen every style, so, my job is just to go out there, be me, have fun and do what I do best.
“September we’re going to have fun and entertain people. I’m Floyd Mayweather to him. He’s just another opponent to me.”
Asakura said: “I’m an MMA fighter but I’m going to use this opportunity and I’m going to use him to raise my name and my value internationally. I will win this fight.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches is a human capable of taking?
A punch can be defined as “a blow delivered with a fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. If someone hits you in your face, it is punching. You cannot hit someone’s back. It would be impossible to hit him/her back with two punches.
How much weight should you lift while working out?
For strength improvement, weight lifting is an essential part of your fitness routine. Lifting weights should be done with care. It is important to not do too much. Second, try to lift heavier weights every other day. Third, complete each exercise 8 times. Fourth, allow for 2 minutes rest between sets. Fifth, complete all exercises using no momentum. Focus on form and not speed.
What is the average time it takes to learn boxing?
Boxing can be learned in 3 months. This includes learning basic skills like footwork and stance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. You need to learn how you can block and dodge attacks.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing handwraps elastic 180 inch red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- A punching bag is essential. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- Headgear is necessary. It protects your head when sparring. You can purchase it online or in stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. You can purchase them online or in-store. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. Choose the right pair for you.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used in real fight simulations. These rings can be bought online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.