FRANK WARREN has won the purse bids to stage Tyson Fury’s WBC heavyweight title fight against fellow Brit Dillian Whyte.
The Gypsy King’s promoter beat Eddie Hearn to stage the clash with a MASSIVE bid of £30.6million – with Fury receiving £24.5m of the pot.
This is due to the 80/20 split in WBC champion Fury’s favour.
Mandatory challenger Whyte is set to secure £6.1m in his first ever world title bout.
Hearn bid £24m to stage the fight.
And 33-year-old Fury hinted it could take place in the UK with a post on his Instagram immediately after the purse bids.
Alongside a smiling snap of himself, Fury said: “Big GK is coming home. UK baby.”
Fury has not fought in the UK since he returned to the sport in 2018 following a lengthy lay-off.
The purse bids for a Fury-Whyte clash had been postponed several times as both parties continued negotiations.
But a deal could not be reached and eventually the bid went ahead as Warren came out on top.
A fight between the two Brits looks set to leave Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk poised for a rematch in the first half of 2022.
There had been discussions about Joshua and Whyte stepping aside to allow an undisputed clash between Fury and Usyk.
But those talks broke down on Thursday as Joshua and Whyte’s promoter Hearn accused Fury of ducking a clash with the Ukrainian.
He said: “Anthony Joshua stepped up to fight Oleksandr Usyk.
“Not, ‘Hang on, I’ll just do a few posts on Instagram pretending I wanna fight him.’
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
“I spoke to Alex Krassyuk [Usyk’s promoter] last night – they feel that Tyson Fury has bottled the fight vs Usyk.”
Fury is unbeaten in 32 professional fights having won 31 and drawn one – the only blemish coming in his first fight with Deontay Wilder in 2018.
Whyte has suffered two defeats in his pro career – against Joshua in 2015 and then in his first fight with Alexander Povetkin in 2020.