BOXER Gervonta Davis has been arrested and jailed over alleged domestic violence just days before his next fight.
The American is due to face Hector Luis Garcia on Saturday, January 7 in a defence of his WBA “Regular” lightweight belt.
Gervonta Davis’ recent mugshot
But the pay-per-view title bout has been thrown into major doubt following the news of Davis’ arrest.
Broward County (Florida) inmate records show that on Tuesday evening Parkland police arrested him with charges of battery causing bodily harm.
They classified the incident as alleged domestic violence and published his mugshot.
It has not yet been made public exactly when or where the alleged incident took place.
This is the latest brush with the law in the career of unbeaten Davis, 28, nicknamed “Tank”.
He was in February 2020 previously arrested and charged in Miami with two misdemeanour counts of simple battery domestic violence on the mother of his daughter at a charity basketball game.
A video of the alleged incident went viral on social media at the time.
The related court case dragged on for nearly three years before the prosecution abandoned the charges earlier this month on December 13.
Davis is also due to stand trial on February 16, which was pushed back from December, facing 14 charges from an alleged hit-and-run in 2020.
Showtime, the TV network broadcasting the fight against Garcia as well as promoters Premier Boxing Champions and TGB Promotions are yet to comment on Davis’ recent arrest.
And it remains to be seen whether the fight against Dominican Garcia, 31, will still go ahead.
Davis is in line for a super-fight against Ryan Garcia, 23, next year, with his return bout a proposed tune-up to prepare.
Gervonta Davis in training
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing is one the oldest martial arts known. Boxing is one of the most difficult sports you can play. You can’t just punch someone and knock him out. You need to know how you can defend yourself against punches or kicks.
The first thing you need to do is find a boxing gym near you. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect you hands while the helmet protects your head. You’ll also need to wear shorts and a T-shirt.
After you have all the equipment you need, it’s time to get warm. Start slow and build up speed. You can then go to the mat and spar with another fighter when you feel ready. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. Just try again until you nail it.
How many hours do boxers train in a single day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
What does it take to become professional boxer?
Professional boxing requires years of dedication and hard work. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
How do beginner boxers train?
Although boxing is one of oldest sports, its popularity has increased only recently. Two fighters fight each other in boxing. They punch each other until one of them falls.
Find out if you are interested in boxing before you start thinking about becoming a boxer. Check out some YouTube fights to get a feel for what it is like to hit someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- You need a headgear. It protects your head when sparring. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- Towels are essential. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can be purchased at local sporting goods store or online stores. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.