GERVONTA DAVIS continues his quest to emulate his mentor and promoter Floyd Mayweather as he enters the ring against Leo Santa Cruz.
The battle takes place in San Antonio, Texas and a packed undercard also makes for fascinating viewing.
What date and time is Gervonta Davis vs Leo Santa Cruz?
- Davis vs Santa Cruz takes place on Saturday, October 31 in the US.
- The bout is taking place at Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
- UK ring walk is expected at around 3am on Sunday, November 1.
- There will be 11,500 fans inside the stadium.
What TV channel is Davis vs Santa Cruz on in the UK and the US and can I live stream it free?
- Channel 5 will show the fight on free-to-air TV here in the UK.
- Coverage begins at 2am GMT and runs through to 5am.
- If you want to stream on these shores, you can watch at TVPlayer.com if you have a valid TV licence.
- Showtime Sports are exclusively broadcasting the fight in the United States.
- The fight will cost $74.99 in the USA.
How Mayweather compared with his protege Davis at the age of 25:
Who is on the undercard?
- Gervonta Davis vs Leo Santa Cruz (WBA world lightweight title)
- Mario Barrios vs Ryan Karl (super lightweight)
- Regis Prograis vs Juan Heraldez (super lightweight)
- Diego Magdaleno vs Isaac Cruz Gonzalez (lightweight)
- Michel Rivera vs Ladarius Miller (lightweight)
- Jerry Perez vs Joshua Zuniga (super featherweight)
- Julian Rodarte vs Jose Morales (lightweight)
- Kent Cruz vs Dieumerci Nzau (welterweight)
- Anthony Cuba vs Leon Cavalli (lightweight)
What they said
Davis: “Floyd [Mayweather] has been there coaching me through what comes with having my first pay-per-view main event fight.
“There’s a lot of pressure on me and you have to live up to fighting on pay-per-view so you can fight on pay-per-view again.
“When I’m down or anything like that, he’s able to push me, because he’s been there before.
“There are things that only Floyd can tell me about because he has that experience.”
Santa Cruz: “We know we have a hard fight, I think the hardest fight in my career.
“We’re facing, you know, a hard-hitting fighter. You know, he’s got great skills and he’s, you know, being trained by the best ever, Floyd Mayweather.
“I know he’s gonna come with everything. So, you know, my determination is to go out there, beat Tank Davis, and I can say I beat one of the best, and I beat, you know, a fighter that’s been trained by Mayweather.
“So that, for me, that’s gonna be something really big, really great. I’m motivated in the gym. I wanna go out there and give the fans a great fight.”