ONE of the most exciting talents in boxing is back as Gervonta Davis faces Rolando Romero in a lightweight clash in New York.
Davis was last in action against Isaac Cruz in December, winning a 12-round decision in what was a fairly competitive fight.
Tank’s original opponent, however, was supposed to be Romero, who was pulled from the fight due to allegations of sexual assault.
But the unbeaten boxer was cleared after investigations surrounding the accusations were closed without charges being filed.
Romero is now back in training camp and ready to take on a fired up Davis, who is hellbent on knocking his rival out.
But Romero brings his own power as well, and will be gunning to cause a huge upset in the lightweight division.
When is Davis vs Romero?
- Davis’ big clash with Romero will take place on Saturday, May 28.
- The fight will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York City.
- The main event ring-walks can be expected at around 4am UK time on Sunday, May 29 in the UK.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- In the UK, the fight will be available to watch on Fite TV PPV, for a price of £10.50.
- You can live stream the action from the Fite TV app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- In the US, the Davis vs Romero will be shown live on Showtime PPV.
Davis vs Romero MAIN CARD
Elsewhere on the Davis vs Romero card, Erislandy Lara is in action as he takes on veteran Spike O’Sullivan.
And highly-touted prospect Jesus Ramos takes on Luke Santamaria.
- Gervonta Davis vs Rolando Romero
- Erislandy Lara vs Gary “Spike” O’Sullivan
- Jesus Ramos vs Luke Santamaria
- Eduardo Ramirez vs Luis Melendez
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
What has been said?
“We’re ready and we’ve been in camp. This isn’t our first time getting ready for ‘Rolly’,” Davis said.
“We saw how he choked up when the lights are in his face. We’ll see how he reacts when everyone is cheering against him on fight night.
“Some people are made to do it, and some people just talk their way through it. We know what we’re coming here to do on May 28.
“We’ll see what this guy brings on fight night, under the bright lights. I had to walk through the door when it was time and become the man.
“Come fight night, it’s time to step up to that plate.”
Romero added: “I think ‘Tank’ is an amazing fighter, but this is going to be the easiest fight of my career. It’s going to say a lot about my legacy when I knock him out.
“’Tank’ gets punched a lot. I think he’s going to run right into something big.
“I’ve always been underrated. May 28, you’re going to see my ring IQ on display. He’s the best fighter at 135 pounds and he’d be the best if he were at 130 pounds. It doesn’t matter to me though. I know what I’m capable of.”