TYSON FURY believes his win over Wladimir Klitschko started a “s***” seven years for him.
The British boxer became world champion for the first time when he beat the Ukrainian in late November 2015 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko seven years ago to become world champion
The victory gave the Gypsy King the IBF, IBO, WBA (Super) and WBO heavyweight titles.
However, for the last seven years, the 34-year-old has struggled with depression as well as alcohol and drug abuse.
Fury has also admitted that he had to deal with suicidal thoughts.
As a comeback to boxing looked unlikely, Fury managed to get his life back on track after seeking medical help.
He reclaimed his WBC title by winning the last of his two trilogy fights against American heavyweight Deontay Wilder, in which he earning a fortune in the process.
After beating fellow Brit Dillian Whyte, Fury is now prepping for a fight against Derek Chisora on December 3 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
Although despite appearances of flying high, Fury has insisted that his life has not been perfect since he beat Klitschko.
Speaking on The MMA Hour, he said: “I think it was a s*** night, to be honest. I think it was like a curse.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
“It’s been a pretty s*** seven years since. It was a fantastic 27 years leading to it but a s***** seven years since. It’s almost been a curse beating Wladimir Klitschko.
“You say I’ve got everything I ever wanted, I never really wanted all the fame and all the s**** that comes with being a champion, that’s not what it was about.
“I got everything I wanted by beating Klitschko – just getting that victory over him.
“You don’t own your own life anymore, you can’t go anywhere, you can’t live a normal life. So, it’s not what I wanted and it’s not a great life – it sucks d***.
“It’s not good because you don’t have your own life anymore. I’m stuck where I have to be tortured by people wherever I go.
“So, yeah, it’s not all what I wanted, I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into, to be fair.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does learning to box take?
Boxing is one the oldest forms of martial arts. Around 2200 BC, China hosted the first boxing match. Boxing has been practiced over thousands of year. Boxing is still very popular with celebrities and athletes. Boxing takes 10 months to master.
It is difficult to learn boxing because there are so many movements. To perform each movement properly, you need specific muscles. So, it takes time to develop these muscles.
However, once you know how to move your entire body, you can then start any type of boxing technique. As you get more proficient at each technique, you will be able to improve your skills.
How much weight should you lift while working out?
If you are looking to increase your strength, weight lifting is a must. Lifting weights should be done with care. It is important to not do too much. Try to lift heavier weights every day. Third, complete each exercise 8 times. Fourth, you should rest for two minutes between sets. Fifth, perform all exercises without using momentum. Finally, be focused on form, not speed.
How can I practice boxing defense by myself?
Boxing is one the oldest martial arts known. Boxing is also considered to be one of the hardest sports to play. You cannot just punch someone in his face and then knock him out. You need to know how you can defend yourself against punches or kicks.
First, find a gym that offers boxing. Once you’ve found a good place to train, you’ll need to get some gloves and headgear. The gloves protect your hands, while the headgear protects you. You will also need shorts and a shirt.
Once you have everything you need, you will need to warm up. Begin slowly, then gradually increase your speed. When you feel ready, hit the bag and spar with another boxer. If you fail, don’t be discouraged. Just try again until you nail it.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
If you are looking to box with a partner but don’t want to train, you can just watch the professional boxing matches on TV. You could also look for an amateur boxing club in your area. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically include sparring partners that hit pads together.
You can also use punching bags to practice boxing. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
How to throw a jab
This guide will show you how to throw a jab.
- Take your step forward with both of your feet.
- Raise your arm above your shoulder.
- Place your fist on the target.
- After hitting your target you should swing your arm up.
- Steps 1 through 4 can be repeated.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. But make sure to choose the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- Gloves will be necessary. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. You can purchase them online or in-store. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need to have a towel. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.