BRITISH boxer Joe Cordina has been stripped of his world title after pulling out of a mandatory fight due to injury.
The 30-year-old won the IBF super-featherweight title in June when he secured a knockout win over Kenichi Ogawa.
Joe Cordina has been left devastated after not even being able to defend his world title
Joe Cordina posted this image of his hand on Twitter
And he was due to defend his belt versus Shavkat Rakhimov on November 5.
However he has withdrawn from the bout because of a hand injury and he will no longer be the title holder.
Cordina responded to the news on social media saying “absolutely gutted” alongside a facepalm emoji.
He continued: “Worked my whole life to become a world champion and I haven’t even had the chance to defend the title.
“Feel like I’ve been robbed.”
The tweet had a photo attached showing a nasty scar on his hand from where he has undergone surgery.
He has reportedly been stripped of the title because he could be out of action until March but the decision has left Cordina fans fuming.
Despite losing his world champion belt he still holds the WBA Continental super-featherweight title.
Cordina has a 15-0 record with nine victories coming via knockouts.
The Welshman rose to fame winning a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games as an amateur.
He then went further winning gold at the 2015 European Championships and he went on to represent Team GB in the 2016 Olympics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do beginners train to become boxers?
Although boxing is one the oldest sports, it has only recently been rediscovered as a popular sport. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each others until one loses.
Find out if you are interested in boxing before you start thinking about becoming a boxer. You can also watch fights online to see how it feels like hitting someone. Once you have decided that boxing is for you, you can decide what style of fight you prefer.
What are the 7 punches to boxing?
There are seven boxing punches. They include jab and cross, hook and uppercut, straight right and left hook, as well as body shot. These punches are used to attack the opponent’s head, body, and legs.
How long does a boxer train per day?
Boxing trainers usually work out at least 4 hours a day. They also spend time studying boxing techniques, learning new moves, and practicing their punches. Boxers sometimes spar 10 times per semaine.
Do I have to fight in order to train boxing?
Training boxing requires fighting. It is important to put in the effort to improve your boxing. However, if you are willing to put in the effort, you’ll be able improve your boxing technique as well as speed, endurance, strength, stamina, and speed.
You can improve your boxing technique by watching good boxers compete. It is important to observe their movements, their defenses, and how well they use punches. Try to imitate their movements.
The next step is to spar with another boxer. This is where you’ll see whether you’ve improved your boxing technique. When you spar, you’ll also notice how fast you can punch, how strong your punches feel, and how well you block incoming punches.
Doing drills is another way to improve your boxing skills. You will improve with practice so be patient and persevering.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoes : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These factors include the location, type, number of employees and marketing budget. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- You need a place where you can train. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used to protect floors and walls when practicing kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. They can be bought online or offline stores.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. You can purchase them online or in-store. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You will need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can purchase it online or in stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are required. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is necessary. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- A towel is essential. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. They should be soft and absorbent.