JAKE PAUL slammed Floyd Mayweather for “ruining his legacy” in recent exhibitions – and called for a real fight instead.
Mayweather has had four non-sanctioned bout since retiring in 2017 after beating UFC superstar Conor McGregor, 34.
Jake Paul slammed Floyd Mayweather for ‘ruining his legacy’ in recent exhibitions
Floyd Mayweather was called out by Jake Paul
One involved Jake’s brother Logan, 27, who took the boxing legend the eight-round distance in July 2021.
Mayweather, 45, last weekend knocked out Japanese MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura, 30, in two rounds.
And days later he announced another exhibition with YouTuber Deji, 25, on November 13 in Dubai.
Paul, 25, slammed Mayweather and called to organise a catchweight bout between 165lb and 175lb.
He said: “Floyd Mayweather is ruining his legacy fighting no-name guys, wasting his fans’ money, wasting his fans’ time.
“He doesn’t even know the names of the guys he’s fighting, and then he chooses to fight Comedy Shorts Gamer (Deji), influencer, to make some money to pay his tax bills.
“Floyd Mayweather telling Jake Paul that you will only fight Jake Paul if he comes down to his weight, 140 pounds or something.
“I can’t believe what’s going on in the world. I can’t believe this is real.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
“Floyd, I will fight you, and you know that’s one of the biggest fights to make in boxing.
“I weigh 175, you weigh 165. We can get that done, make a couple 100 million.”
Mayweather offered Paul a shot at his 50-0 record but only if the YouTuber-turned boxer got down to his weight of 150lb.
That would mean losing almost THREE STONE, causing the American to take a further swipe.
Paul said: “What will your excuse be? You didn’t care what my brother weighed, so why do you care what I weigh?
“Oh, because you know, you know what’s going to happen. I want to say, ‘I got your 0.’ I don’t want to just say, ‘I got your hat.’ I got your 0.
“But you’re going to find a way to dance around this. You’ve said, ‘Oh, once he fights a professional fighter, he’s going to get destroyed. It’ll be bad for him.’
“Why not let that be you – the best ever? There’s only one Mayweather, but he’s scared to fight Jake Paul.
“It’s 2022. I can’t believe what the f***’s going on, guys.”
Paul returns on October 29 against UFC legend Anderson Silva, 47, who will be his first opponent with pro boxing experience.
Meanwhile, Mayweather faces Deji and revealed ongoing talks to rematch McGregor in 2023.
Floyd Mayweather knocked out Mikuru Asakura in two rounds
Frequently Asked Questions
How do beginner boxers train?
Boxing is one of the oldest sports in existence, but it was only recently that boxing became popular again. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
To become a boxer, you must first find out what boxing is like. You can try watching some fights on YouTube and see how it feels to hit someone. After you have decided whether or not you want to be a boxer you will need to decide which type of fighting you prefer.
How long does it take to become a professional boxer?
Professional boxing takes hard work and dedication. Training is essential if you are to become a professional boxer.
How can I learn how to defend myself against boxing?
Boxing is among the oldest forms of martial art known to man. Boxing is considered one of the most difficult sports to practice. You can’t just punch someone across the face and make him go away. You should know how to defend against punches, kicks, and other attacks.
The first thing you need to do is find a boxing gym near you. Once you’ve found a good place to train, you’ll need to get some gloves and headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. You’ll also need to wear shorts and a T-shirt.
Once you have all your equipment, you need to heat up. Start slowly and work your way up gradually to full speed. If you feel ready, get on the bag and start sparring with another boxer. Do not worry if you make a mistake. You can always try again until it is perfect.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. People often ask what amount they should spend on equipment, what size space is needed, how many people do they need, etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. Most people don’t realize the importance to have good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- A place to train is essential. The space you need to train can be found in the garage, basement and spare rooms, as well as in the living room. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- You will need a bench. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- You need a headgear. Headgear is used to protect your head during sparring sessions. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is required. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- You need a towel. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. They should be soft and absorbent.