TOMMY FURY has been assured Jake Paul “can’t punch properly” as coach Shane McGuigan told him how to win the grudge fight.
The celebrity boxing pair are set to finally meet in the ring on February 26 in Saudi Arabia.
Jake Paul faces Tommy Fury on February 26
Tommy Fury fights Jake Paul in Saudi Arabia
Fury has been forced to pull out twice before due a rib injury in December 2021 and US visa issue last August.
Before he was denied access into America, the boxer linked up with McGuigan with his dad John and brother Tyson also unable to travel.
The esteemed British trainer will not be involved in the latest rescheduling of the fight, but has backed Fury to win.
McGuigan told SecondsOut: “I feel like he had a good jab, he had good feet and really that is enough to beat Jake Paul, in my eyes.
“A guy who is explosive, throws a good right hook over the top but really leaves his feet behind him, is not programmed to punch properly.
“Reasonably fast hands and it’s all in rotation but he doesn’t move his feet, and track and punch, he’s boxing guys that are static and standing there.
“So, yeah I think if he sticks to the jab, gets himself moving and doesn’t trade up with him just busts him up with the jab for three or four rounds, he should beat him.”
Fury, 23, becomes the first opponent Paul, 26, will face with a recognised professional boxing record.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
And McGuigan believes his experience around two-time champion Tyson, 34, sets him up for success in the Middle East.
He said: “Well, understanding boxing you’ve got to say that Tommy Fury knows a lot more about boxing than Jake Paul.
“Because he understands it, he’s been around it, he’s seen it first-hand what you have to do to win world title fights.
“How you have to spar and how you have to go through these training camps.
“Not just setting up a ring in your house, eating cereal and whatever and going and doing a little session, and then going out and making a little YouTube video and going back and doing another little session.
“That’s not how world champions train, at least he’s been round a gym that knows what you need to do to win these fights.
“Jake Paul’s a good athlete and he’s getting success through his athletic prowess but not necessarily through his boxing technical ability. So it does lie in Tommy’s favour.”
Shane McGuigan backs Tommy Fury to beat Jake Paul
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of learning to box?
Here are some reasons to learn boxing:
- It builds confidence. Learn to box can give you courage to confront bullies or any other person who might bully you.
- It is good for your health. Boxing increases muscle mass. Muscle mass is what makes you stronger.
- It helps you to learn self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It improves your mental toughness. Mental toughness is important when you’re facing challenges.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Once you have learned a technique you’ll feel like you are a real boxer.
- It’s fun! It’s great fun to get punched in your stomach.
- It’s cheap. You only need a pair boxing gloves and punching bag.
- It doesn’t take up much space
What is the average time it takes to learn boxing?
Boxing takes approximately 3 months to learn. This includes learning the basics like footwork, balance, and stance. It is important to remember that boxing does not just involve throwing punches. You also need to learn how to block and dodge attacks.
What is Boxing, exactly?
Boxing is an intense sport in which two people attempt to knock their opponent out by hitting them in both the head or face. The goal of boxing, is to strike your opponent as hard as you can without causing injury. Both boxers need to be able throw punches at high speeds in order to achieve this. They should also have excellent hand-eye coordination.
What are the benefits of boxing?
Boxing is associated with many health benefits. Boxing builds strong bones and muscles. It improves coordination, reflexes, and coordination. It can also improve your heart and lungs. The best part is that boxing doesn’t require any special equipment. You can use any item you have at home.
What are the different types of boxing gloves?
There are three main types in boxing gloves: mitts; fingerless mitts; and full-fingerered. Mitten gloves are padded around the knuckles. Fingerless mitts are not padded around the knuckles and still cover the fingers. Full-finger gloves have padding all over the hand.
Mittens are used for punching or hitting with the fist. For striking or punching with the index finger’s knuckle, mitt gloves can be used. Full-fingered boxing gloves are used for punching with the whole fist.
How can you box punches properly?
A punching bag is used to practice boxing punches. You punch the bag until you feel like you’ve mastered the technique. Then you move onto another part of your body. Once you feel confident with the area, move on to next.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- A mat is necessary. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- A bench is necessary. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags are useful for developing quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- Headgear is necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Find the right pair for you.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Choose the right pair for you.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- A towel is essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.