JAKE PAUL is set to be considered for a world ranking by the WBC -which would pave the way for him to challenge for a world title.
WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman announced Paul would earn himself a top 15 rating had he beaten heavyweight Hasim Rahman Jr in August.
Jake Paul could earn himself a WBC ranking by beating Anderson Silva
The bout eventually got scrapped amid a weight row with the YouTube star instead returning against Anderson Silva.
And Sulaiman revealed, with new rankings set to be unveiled soon, a win for Paul over the weekend could see him placed in the top 15.
He told Fight Hype: “Jake Paul has a record in professional boxing and he has been improving the level of opposition.
“Of course the WBC ratings committee is open to consider fighters for rankings considering all of the different variables which are activity, level of opposition, results and so on.
“So let’s see what happens Saturday. At the convention, the rankings will be addressed and the whole committee will meet.
“Twenty four people from all over the world meeting to come up with an official ratings for November, so we will keep an eye on Jake Paul to see what happens.”
Per the WBC’s rules, a fighter must be ranked within their top 15 for the right to challenge for their world title.
Meaning, if Paul, 25, beats Silva, 47, and is in fact placed in the ratings, he would be free to compete for a championship belt.
Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva: Ring walk time, live stream, TV channel, undercard for toughest test
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Paul last boxed in December, knocking out Tyron Woodley, 40, four months after beating the ex-UFC champion on points.
That added to KOs over online rival AnEsonGib, ex-NBA star Nate Robinson, 38, and retired UFC welterweight Ben Askren, also 38.
But Paul returns in Arizona in the biggest test of his career and drew comparisons to boxing greats Muhammad Ali and Floyd Mayweather.
Sulaiman said: “People did not like Muhammad Ali, half of the people that watched him wanted him to lose.
“They called him a traitor and all of these names, but today he is regarded as the greatest athlete in the history of humanity.
“Floyd Mayweather, a lot of people didn’t like to see him and wanted him to lose.
“People may want to see Jake Paul lose but they are going to tune in.
“It’s very easy to criticise and simply bully people in the cyberspace because of personal situations, but what Jake and Logan Paul have done is a miracle so let’s support them.”
Jake Paul ahead of his fight with Anderson Silva
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you able to learn how to box?
You can learn how to box. Just find a local boxing studio and sign up for a class. Although most gyms offer free classes to their members, it is possible to search Google for other local boxing clubs.
You will also need gloves, mouthpieces and headgear to sparring with your partners. Once you have this equipment, it’s time to start practicing your kicks.
How can I practice boxing defense by myself?
Boxing has been around since the dawn of time. Boxing is also one of most difficult sports to learn. You cannot just punch someone in his face and then knock him out. You have to be able to defend yourself against kicks and punches.
The first thing you need to do is find a boxing gym near you. Once you have located a good gym, you can get gloves and headgear. Gloves protect the hands while headgear protects the head. You’ll also need to wear shorts and a T-shirt.
Once you have everything you need, you will need to warm up. Start slowly and work your way up gradually to full speed. You can then go to the mat and spar with another fighter when you feel ready. Don’t fret if you don’t succeed. Don’t worry if you miss. Just keep trying until it works.
How can a beginner learn to box at home?
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was developed in ancient times to train warriors for fighting against foes. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. Boxing doesn’t require you to attend a gym. All you need is a pair of gloves, some punching bags, and a few friends to spar with.
There are many local amateur boxing groups that you can join to train with professionals. Once you master basic punches & combinations, you will be ready for competition in tournaments.
How can I improve my defense in fighting?
It is possible to improve your defensive capabilities by learning how smart you fight. It is important to know how to defend yourself against all types of attacks, as well as how to counterattack when necessary.
If you don’t know how to fight, then you won’t be prepared for anything. You’ll just get beaten up. But if you do know how to fight, you’ll be ready for whatever comes at you.
Here are some suggestions to help improve your defense.
- You must understand where your opponent’s attacks are coming from. This means you need to be attentive to your opponent’s body language. For example, if he looks nervous, this could mean that his next attack is coming soon.
- Stay calm. Don’t panic. Instead, keep calm and be focused.
- Block with your arms. It is simple and effective to defend yourself from attacks by blocking your arms.
- Counterattack. Counterattack.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty is another way of defending yourself. You can kick your opponent back if he throws a kick at it.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I set up a boxing gym at my house?
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- A place to train is essential. You can use your garage, basement, spare bedroom, or living room to train. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. You should also ensure it is durable and strong so it can last many years.
- You will need a mat. Matting is used for protecting floors and walls during kick practice. It is usually made out of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. These benches can be bought online and in physical stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- You will need a headgear. It protects your head when sparring. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Choose the pair that suits you best.
- You need a ring. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You will need to have a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. They should be soft and absorbent.