JAKE PAUL received praise by Terence Crawford but was urged to fight a “real boxer” next and NOT another MMA star.
The YouTuber-turned prizefighter has slowly began winning the backing of those in the boxing business.
Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum with Terence Crawford
Jake Paul after beating UFC legend Anderson Silva
But he is yet to face a seasoned boxer in his 6-0 career despite beating UFC legend Anderson Silva in October.
Silva, 47, did have a 4-1 record in the ring but it marked another former MMA champion that Paul, 25, had the beating of.
Now pound-for-pound star Crawford, 35, wants to see the American step up his competition and face a professional boxer.
He said on The MMA Hour: “When you look at Jake Paul, he’s been training for years.
“He’s been fighting without head gear and fighting in the back of his yard. Jake Paul definitely became a professional in this sport.
“I just want to see him actually fight a real fighter, At this point in time.
“Any real boxer. Not an MMA fighter that you’re bigger than. Somebody your weight. Get him a real fight. Test him out.
“Not somebody in the top-10, just a real fighter that we can say, ‘OK, Jake, you fought such and such, he was ranked 15,’ or something, and we can gauge from there.”
Paul has signed to fight 8-0 Tommy Fury, 23, TWICE and 13-2 heavyweight Hasim Rahman Jr, 31.
Fury was withdrawn amid a rib injury and US visa issue while Rahman pulled out due to a weight disagreement.
Paul confirmed he will return in February and was sending out offers to three different opponents.
Fury’s side had revealed talks were ongoing to reschedule the celebrity grudge match in 2023.
Tommy Fury and Jake Paul are still linked with a grudge match
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the health benefits of boxing
Boxing offers many health benefits. For one, boxing can help build strong bones and muscles. It improves your coordination and reflexes. It can also improve your heart and lungs. The best thing about boxing is that it doesn’t require any special equipment. You can use any item you have at home.
How to protect yourself
Always defend your head when you’re being attacked. It is your goal to not get punched. You must know how to stop an incoming punch. Here’s what to do:
- Stand tall and square yourshoulders.
- Keep your elbows near your sides.
- Block the incoming punch using your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until the attacker runs away.
- Keep fighting for your rights.
How long do boxers train a day?
Boxing trainers train for at most 4 hours per day. They also study boxing techniques and learn new moves. Boxers spar 10 times per week.
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing is the oldest known martial art. Boxing is also considered to be one of the hardest sports to play. You can’t just punch someone across the face and make him go away. You need to know how you can defend yourself against punches or kicks.
Finding a nearby boxing gym is the first step. Once you have found a suitable place to train you’ll need some gloves or headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
Once you’ve gathered all your equipment, it’s time for you to start warming up. Start slow and build up speed. Start sparring with another boxer when you feel confident. Don’t fret if you don’t succeed. Try again until you get it right.
How do boxers train for beginners?
Although boxing is one of oldest sports, its popularity has increased only recently. Boxing is an art that sees two fighters compete in a fight. They punch each other until one of them falls.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. Check out some YouTube fights to get a feel for what it is like to hit someone. Once you decide whether you would enjoy being a boxer, you’ll need to choose which style of fighting you’d prefer.
What is the average time it takes to learn to box.
Boxing is the oldest known martial art. China was home to the first ever boxing match, which took place around 2200 BC. Since thousands of years, boxing is a well-known sport. Athletes and celebrities still love boxing. Boxing takes 10 months to master.
It takes so long for boxing to be learned because there are many types of movements involved. Each movement requires specific muscles in order to be effective. It takes time and effort to build these muscles.
However, once you know how to move your entire body, you can then start any type of boxing technique. You’ll get better at each technique over time.
How do you practice boxing punches?
A punching bag can be used to practice boxing punches. You’ll need to keep punching the bag until you feel you have mastered the technique. Next, move on to the next section of your body. Once you feel you are comfortable in one area, you can move on to another.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoes : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- A place to train is essential. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. Only one requirement: There must be enough space for the equipment to be set up.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is important as you won’t learn how to punch without one. It can be anything, from a lightweight plastic bag to an expensive leather bag. It should be big enough that you can comfortably carry it. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These can be purchased online or in-store.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- You need a headgear. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. It is important to choose the right size and protection for your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These can be purchased online or in-store. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- Rings are essential. Rings can be used to simulate real fights. You can buy them online or offline. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- Towels are essential. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.