JAKE PAUL has followed through on his vow to compete in MMA – by signing with the Professional Fighters League.
The YouTuber turned boxer has flirted with the prospect of competing in mixed martial arts for several years – although his numerous hints weren’t taken seriously.
Jake Paul has inked a multi-fight deal with the PFL
But he appears to be on course to make good on his promise by inking a multi-year deal with the PFL – which is rapidly on course to becoming MMA‘s second major promotion.
Paul – who has bought equity in the company along with business partner Nakisa Baridian – plans to compete in the newly-formed “Super Fight”.
According to the promotion, the division will see combatants earn a whopping 50 per cent of the revenue generated by pay-per-view sales.
Paul, whose official role will be the “head of fighter advocacy.”
In an interview with The New York Times, Paul said: “This is about changing M.M.A., disrupting, innovating, and creating the next big league.”
The Super Fight division will feature on two fight cards this year, although no bouts have been finalised.
Paul, 25, plans to compete twice this year – once in boxing and once in MMA.
The PFL are excited to have Paul on board, with CEO Peter Murray saying: “He’s got a growing boxing career, but it doesn’t prevent him from entering into the sport of M.M.A., and we’re excited about that.”
In less than four years, the PFL is on the precipice of becoming the second-biggest mixed martial arts promotion in the world.
Co-founder Donn Davis said: “You’re not a prisoner anymore to [the] UFC.
“You can now choose UFC. or PFL., but what makes P.F.L. different is we’re coming out with a true economic partnership for fighters.”
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY…SE is your go to destination for the best football, boxing and MMA news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheSunFootball and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunFootball.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do beginner boxers train?
Boxing is one among the oldest sports. However, boxing has become very popular in recent years. Boxing is a sport where two fighters face off against each other in a ring. They punch one another until one falls.
Finding out if boxing is something you enjoy is the first step to becoming a professional boxer. You can also watch fights online to see how it feels like hitting someone. After you have decided whether or not you want to be a boxer you will need to decide which type of fighting you prefer.
How can a beginner get started in boxing?
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was created in ancient times to help warriors fight off their enemies. Boxing is still widely practised today. You don’t even need to go to a gym to box. All you need is a pair of gloves, some punching bags, and a few friends to spar with.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. After mastering basic punches, combinations, and other skills, you can compete in tournaments.
How long does it take to learn boxing?
Boxing can be learned in 3 months. This includes learning basic skills like footwork and stance. It’s important to remember that boxing is not only about throwing punches. It is important to know how to dodge and block attacks.
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left-hand hook is thrown on the side of a body while a lateral cross is thrown on the front.
A left hand hook is one that is thrown with the opponent’s right side facing. The elbow is bent 90°. The wrist is turned 45° toward opponent.
A right cross is when the opponent’s palm faces the opponent and the elbow straightens. The opponent is 45 degrees from your wrist.
How to defend yourself:
You must protect your head whenever you are attacked. It is your goal to not get punched. You must know how to stop an incoming punch. Here’s what you need to do:
- Elevate your shoulders high and straighten your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows in line with your sides.
- Block the incoming punch using your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until your attacker runs off.
- Do not let up on your defense.
How to throw a jab:
Here’s a step-by, easy guide on how to throw a jab.
- Step forward with both feet.
- Raise your arm above your shoulder.
- Your target is at your feet.
- After hitting your target you should swing your arm up.
- Steps 1 through 4 can be repeated.
How can I learn boxing with only a partner?
If you’re looking for a partner to practice boxing, you can watch boxing matches on television. Or you can find an amateur boxing club near you. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically include sparring partners that hit pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before hitting the bag you should make sure you are wearing protective gear, such as gloves.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. But one thing that most people forget is the importance of having good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. It could be a garage, basement or spare room. Even the living room will work. The only requirement is that there must be enough space to set up the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It must be big enough for you to carry it comfortably. Make sure it’s durable and sturdy so you can use it over the years.
- A mat is necessary. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. It is usually made of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- A bench is a must. Bench is used to support your body while doing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags are used to develop fast hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. It is important to ensure that you purchase a product of high quality and lasting value.
- You need a headgear. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can be bought online or in-store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be purchased either online or offline stores. Pick the pair that suits you best.
- A mouthpiece is essential. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- You need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. These rings can be bought online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- A towel is essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. You should ensure that they are absorbent and soft.